• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent experiences @ Deutsche bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Bank sacks British boss John Cryan after years of losses - BBC News
    New CEO will mean some potential new opportunity in IT for contractors once the new management team understand a little about the situation here. Give it 2-3 months I think you will see a few decent paying roles as one of the previous problems was the massive IT cuts meant no way to save money & move forward as the previous now axed himself CEO thought losing thousands of staff was the answer! They need to modernise which cost lots of money especially as their IT budgets have been cut to the bone for years that means they will sooner or later have to pay the going rate!!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
      Deutsche Bank sacks British boss John Cryan after years of losses - BBC News
      New CEO will mean some potential new opportunity in IT for contractors once the new management team understand a little about the situation here. Give it 2-3 months I think you will see a few decent paying roles as one of the previous problems was the massive IT cuts meant no way to save money & move forward as the previous now axed himself CEO thought losing thousands of staff was the answer! They need to modernise which cost lots of money especially as their IT budgets have been cut to the bone for years that means they will sooner or later have to pay the going rate!!
      I love it - Paying people 600 a day is cutting to the bone

Try cutting it to 60 a day and see how it means to be to the bone

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post

It is in the context of it creating a brain drain as good people leave for better paying roles and others get cut whether they like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
          It is in the context of it creating a brain drain as good people leave for better paying roles and others get cut whether they like it or not.
          It's not just DB doing this. A plague on all their houses..

Comment

Don't think I've worked anywhere where there is a single sweeping culture across the organisation, always differed from the various business units/physical offices. Big banks in particular, where typically I've seen Investment business units work every given hour and nobody flinched until 7pm yet in the same bank within Retail there's puffs of smoke at 5pm.

Now I may or may not have experience of working in said bank in OPs title but I would say this bank is a little more aggressive than most...

Comment

Originally posted by MSC7 View Post
              Don't think I've worked anywhere where there is a single sweeping culture across the organisation, always differed from the various business units/physical offices. Big banks in particular, where typically I've seen Investment business units work every given hour and nobody flinched until 7pm yet in the same bank within Retail there's puffs of smoke at 5pm.

Now I may or may not have experience of working in said bank in OPs title but I would say this bank is a little more aggressive than most...
              Kinda describes the City's drug habits in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Jack Kada View Post

They've cut through that now.

Comment

Working...
                X