• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working on a foreign contract from inside the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on a foreign contract from inside the UK

Hi,

I'm a web developer and only just recently set up my limited company. I am on the verge of getting a 3 month contract with a Canadian company, but I am unsure on how I would pay tax and whether the Canadian company needs to do anything special? They said they are able to do an international bank transfer every 2 weeks for my payment, so, how do I pay tax on this? Can I just pay one lump sum at the end of the taxable year?

Although I have a UK passport this is my first time working as a LTD company in the UK, I am used to the Australian tax laws, so am a bit lost at the moment!

Any help is appreciated! Cheers, Ben

Company pays the tax due 9 months after the year end.

Person does their tax return online before the end of January and pays the tax due.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
    X