• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another 1 post wonder/troll... Didn't we have ban a load of accounts called contrator that looked like this name as part of the troll cull?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yeah they were promoting a scheme.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

For an initial 3 month contract -as everyone has said - go with a decent umbrella company. If you decide to go Ltd later on have a good read up on IR35 and find a decent accountant
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have a look at the Two References sticky and see the tricks the agent will play. I would bet a lot that the first agent will try and screw you over and keep a massive percentage.
          This will most definitely happen. Don't let them rape you on the rate.
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your advice. I have decided to get in the deep end straightaway and started a Ltd company. Started my contract now so theres no turning back. Can you guys please point me in the direction of what I need to be aware of regd my ltd company obligations to HMRC etc. I am also thinking of SJD as accountants , any reviews regd. them would be good as well.

I really dont mind the harsh advice as well , I would rather be aware of the worst case scenarios now than to learn the hard way. Appreciate everyones help.

Comment

Originally posted by c0ntract0r View Post
              Thanks to everyone for your advice. I have decided to get in the deep end straightaway and started a Ltd company. Started my contract now so theres no turning back. Can you guys please point me in the direction of what I need to be aware of regd my ltd company obligations to HMRC etc. I am also thinking of SJD as accountants , any reviews regd. them would be good as well.

I really dont mind the harsh advice as well , I would rather be aware of the worst case scenarios now than to learn the hard way. Appreciate everyones help.
              Simple. Join the PCG. Read all the guides. Best £220 you'll spend starting out.

Used SJD since 2001, with no complaints and no problems so probably not an impartial judge, but their site has a lot of useful stuff on it as well.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Simple. Join the PCG. Read all the guides. Best £220 you'll spend starting out.

Used SJD since 2001, with no complaints and no problems so probably not an impartial judge, but their site has a lot of useful stuff on it as well.
                +1 PCG+ membership is a no brainer!

Comment

Working...
                X