• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice Needed: Contract Termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Needed: Contract Termination

Hi ContractorUK,

I was hoping you could give me some advice on my current situation – Over the last year I have been working for a minor British celebrity on both his personal brand and a small side project. It started off as a freelance opportunity to gain experience and later I was offered a year contract with his LTD company.

Yesterday morning, he informs me that he can only keep me on for a further 3 months (end of February 2014). He hasn't actually given a reason for the contract termination, and assures me that my "work has been great and non of this is to do with me".

Legally where do I stand?

Are you PAYE through their Ltd? What does your contract of employment say?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleWizzard View Post
      Hi ContractorUK,

I was hoping you could give me some advice on my current situation – Over the last year I have been working for a minor British celebrity on both his personal brand and a small side project. It started off as a freelance opportunity to gain experience and later I was offered a year contract with his LTD company.

Yesterday morning, he informs me that he can only keep me on for a further 3 months (end of February 2014). He hasn't actually given a reason for the contract termination, and assures me that my "work has been great and non of this is to do with me".

Legally where do I stand?
      you have work until the end of Feb and he's given you 3 months notice. He has been gentlemanly about it by giving you plenty of notice so keep working and look for something else starting in March.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What does your contract say about termination?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Contract Termination Advice

What does the terms and conditions of the contract say

Comment

Working...
          X