• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WFH - if agreed do you insist its in contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Cheers all. I'm just concerned about turning up and then no-one bothering to get off their arse to get the remote access sorted.

IMHO once you're there no-ones bothered abotu sorting things like this out.
    Stop being timid and waiting or their permission, would an architect turn up at your door every morning waiting for you to tell him to go to his own office to do the project? Tell the agent from the get go and the client at the interview, then just work from home. If they haven't got access sorted that is their problem.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Cheers all. I'm just concerned about turning up and then no-one bothering to get off their arse to get the remote access sorted.

IMHO once you're there no-ones bothered abotu sorting things like this out.

For f***sake you are part of the IT department so if you can't talk to the right people to give you permission then who the hell can?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        For f***sake you are part of the IT department so if you can't talk to the right people to give you permission then who the hell can?
        Must admit I've obviously never worked at any of the places you have where a contractor can come in on day 1 and start authorizing their own things with the client.

I'd say 99.9% of things need a client manager to authorise things. Especially remote access.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X