• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent like a wet weekend!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent like a wet weekend!

I know we all moan about agents and the way they hassle you etc but I think I've just found the opposite.

In my experience, following interview, agents are keen to speak to you and then straight away they're onto client trying to get the deal done.

Not this young lady. Had a real go at her yesterday. So far shes declined to phone the client, saying they'll ring her when they're ready. WTF - get off your butt love and phone them to let them know we're keen! Never seen anything like it....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

You'll notice more of weird things like this the more out of luck/work you seem to be.

Most of the multi-millionaire contractors on here are fending off multiple clients who want them to go direct and pay them four figures a day... again...!

You and I though will be lucky to have coal this Christmas
    Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Is it a large agency? Some have several different people involved in sifting CVs, agreeing rates, arranging interviews, and sorting paperwork. If the commission is out of the reach of the person arranging start dates etc then they're just doing a 9-5 with no other motivation but their monthly pay cheque.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Is it a large agency? Some have several different people involved in sifting CVs, agreeing rates, arranging interviews, and sorting paperwork. If the commission is out of the reach of the person arranging start dates etc then they're just doing a 9-5 with no other motivation but their monthly pay cheque.
        Maybe. I don't understand it though. I was the only they sent for interview. Its a top end rate and its 12 months. Lots of income for them.

Agency is experis in manchester.

Comment

You were late for the interview....they are late following up on it!

(Meant in a happy Friday banter way )

Comment

Indeed!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            I know we all moan about agents and the way they hassle you etc but I think I've just found the opposite.

In my experience, following interview, agents are keen to speak to you and then straight away they're onto client trying to get the deal done.

Not this young lady. Had a real go at her yesterday. So far shes declined to phone the client, saying they'll ring her when they're ready. WTF - get off your butt love and phone them to let them know we're keen! Never seen anything like it....
            Trying to get agents to be proactive, like trying to get Blair to admit no WMD's in Iraq...

Maybe because we don't understand their mentality, I can't see why a gentle chase\ request for update is an anathama to them, Oh Well, each to their own..

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
              You were late for the interview....they are late following up on it!

(Meant in a happy Friday banter way )
              LOL.

Comment

Great. Found agent on linkedin. Recent grad - been in job two months.

Anyone know any of the account managers at experis manchester?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Great. Found agent on linkedin. Recent grad - been in job two months.

Anyone know any of the account managers at experis manchester?
                  End client knows you haven't got the contract as they haven't bothered to tell the agency.

Agency knows that you haven't got the contract as the end client hasn't phoned them.

Meanwhile you look sad and desperate so even if you had got the contract they will be trying to increase their margin.... But you haven't so they can't be bothered.

Also Experis are big. They used to be called Manpower which should tell you everything you need to know.....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    End client knows you haven't got the contract as they haven't bothered to tell the agency.

Agency knows that you haven't got the contract as the end client hasn't phoned them.

Meanwhile you look sad and desperate so even if you had got the contract they will be trying to increase their margin.... But you haven't so they can't be bothered.

Also Experis are big. They used to be called Manpower which should tell you everything you need to know.....
                    Yeh maybe. But agent from day one should have been on the phone same day to client after interview.

Comment

Working...
                    X