• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone dealt with the agency Harris-global ... ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone dealt with the agency Harris-global ... ?

Hi All,

About to enter a contract with the above agency... Testing role in a Bank.

I have tried searching the forums but no one else seems to have mentioned them, does that mean:

1) Normal agency, no major flaws thats why no-one has posted anything
    2) Unheard of / random agency.. potential 1-man-band in a some basement !

The only sent me an OPT-Out form to sign .... i guess they knew I didnt want to OPT-in

I've not heard of the agency. Even if I had then the behaviour of the agent will vary from client to client according to what the client demands from them. Some clients say the agent must be on a fixed margin and be transparent with the contractor, other clients leave it up to the agency to negotiate whatever cut they can.

Originally posted by uk-newbie View Post
    The only sent me an OPT-Out form to sign .... i guess they knew I didnt want to OPT-in
    There is no such thing as an "opt in" because this is the default under the law unless you satisfy the conditions for opting out and you choose to do so.

If you don't want to sign the opt out (and I recommend that you don't) then just tell them that you don't want to opt out. Make sure the contract doesn't contain statements that you are opting out though and be prepared for a line of drivel from the agency about how bad it is not to opt out.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Current gig is through them.

Whilst it helps that end client is definitely very reasonable I have no complaints about HG when compared to some other well-known agencies. No suprises or traps in the contract they sent me. They did try to send an opt-out, but seemed to gracefully accept me declining and actually bothered to reply stating they accepted I did not wish to opt-out.
      I can only surmise they're on a high margin for this gig and didnt want to rock the boat.

Timesheets are straightforward - all electronic - log onto a website, not sure if its their own developed or a whitebox of a different supplier. Choice of electronic submission for approval, print and fax/upload signed scan. Sometimes a little too efficient, especially if you provide services to the client on a weekend and maybe need to wait till the following Monday or Tuesday for authorisation - starting silly o'clock Monday morning you get a text message reminding you to submit timesheet. Don't really mind that as it helps me keep on top.

Invoices are paid promptly, no complaints there and remittance advice drops into my inbox as a PDF.

Was sent a detailed email for Christmas invoicing schedules... "to get your Company paid by xx date please ensure your invoices are in by xx date. xx are the dates we're open over the xmas period."

Renewal time will be of most interest I think - see how proactive and/or efficient they are then.

Cant think of anything else to mention, PM if specifics wanted.

Monk

Comment

Thanks Monkfish
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by monkfish View Post
          Current gig is through them.

Whilst it helps that end client is definitely very reasonable I have no complaints about HG when compared to some other well-known agencies. No suprises or traps in the contract they sent me. They did try to send an opt-out, but seemed to gracefully accept me declining and actually bothered to reply stating they accepted I did not wish to opt-out.
          I can only surmise they're on a high margin for this gig and didnt want to rock the boat.

Timesheets are straightforward - all electronic - log onto a website, not sure if its their own developed or a whitebox of a different supplier. Choice of electronic submission for approval, print and fax/upload signed scan. Sometimes a little too efficient, especially if you provide services to the client on a weekend and maybe need to wait till the following Monday or Tuesday for authorisation - starting silly o'clock Monday morning you get a text message reminding you to submit timesheet. Don't really mind that as it helps me keep on top.

Invoices are paid promptly, no complaints there and remittance advice drops into my inbox as a PDF.

Was sent a detailed email for Christmas invoicing schedules... "to get your Company paid by xx date please ensure your invoices are in by xx date. xx are the dates we're open over the xmas period."

Renewal time will be of most interest I think - see how proactive and/or efficient they are then.

Cant think of anything else to mention, PM if specifics wanted.

Monk
          Fantastic, thanks very much for the input - it really has helped.

I will be PM'ing a few specifics though...

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            Sounds as good as it gets.... I wouldn't spoil it by expecting them to do bugger all at renewal.
            Well, the proof is in the pudding and all that. Time to update my experience of HG.
            Again, whilst invoices paid promptly, turns out a few problems with their ignorance of the effect of declining to "opt out" plus failures in their timesheet portal.
            I keep this totally objective and leave it up to anybody who is or decides to contract through them to decide if this is a factor.

- portal is definitely some third-party "whitebox" website which they have no interest whatsoever in developing. Outlined some basic problems with the portal as it stood - you CANNOT verify times input until after you've submitted BUT you have to tick a box stating along the lines of "all is correct and if it isn't it amounts to fraud and we won't pay". I'm sorry, but if you wish me to substantiate what I enter then do give me the courtesy of reviewing it before I submit it.
            I contrast this with a completely different entity - Intouch - who regularly review and DO implement user feedback for the benefit of all.

- renwal paperwork consistently wrong, either wrong dates or wrong previously agreed contractual terms. Result is more time and effort in reviewing all is in order than strictly necessary.
            NOTE TO ALL: CHECK that your renewal paperwork DOES include terms you may have spent time and effort previously negotiating.

- despite sufficient prior notification of renewal negotiation requirements - either large or small - make no attempt whatsoever to negotiate with end client and imply that any fuss is your fault until you may capitulate and then suddenly they're your best friend again. Meh, just like all agencies. Make no mistake, I'm not taken in by this.

- finally, despite the acceptance of declining to "opt out" have no comprehension of what this means for work completed vs monies owed. Will argue the toss until kingdom come and only then capitlate when you do the "right thing" by engaging a recovery company for the excess.

In closing, I second all previous recommendations for "Safe Collections" when recovering monies owed. Adam and team did my business proud over a point of principle as well as recovering funds. I have no doubt that had I not engaged their services I would still be waiting for HG to pay up.

Unfortunately, their lack of assistance over time spent working for the end client destroyed a very good gig, both on a personal basis with the end customer and on a lifestyle basis over WFH compared with commute. C'est las vie, the end client wants me back.

Monk

Comment

i did a gig with them a while back and they was good as gold, even took me to the Gherkin for free lunch, no complaints here

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
                i did a gig with them a while back and they was good as gold, even took me to the Gherkin for free lunch, no complaints here
                That lunch wasn't free

Comment

Working...
                X