• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unpaid Invoices - But Rather Complicated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was operating through an offshore

Originally posted by dack View Post
    Well, to complicate things, I was operating through an offshore (don't ask ), being based in Cyprus meant that their correspondence was sporadic to say the least. This meant the liquidators couldn't deal with me directly.

There was 12+ of us on site so I was kept well up to date through the other guys.

At the end of the liquidation, contractors were offered 2p in the £ but I didn’t hear a thing from my offshore who have now dissolved themselves (as they do).
    Did you pay your VAT on your invoices raised to UK taxman.?

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      Did you pay your VAT on your invoices raised to UK taxman.?
      No idea. I was effectivley an emplopyee of this firm so no involvement in raising invoices etc. I simply completed a weekly timesheet.
      You ain't seen me, right!

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
        So the invoicing chain was you > offshore company > agency > client?

And you hope that the client is suddenly going to pay you (who they have no legal relationship with) rather than anyone else in the chain that they do have a legal relationship with?

Good luck.
        As I said earlier, it was a punt sending in the invoices, was expecting client to say either they had paid monies to liquiidator or simply that they're not legally obliged to pay. Was well shocked when the replied saying they would pay, now they just saying it's complicated and will take longer than originally thought.

They haven't yet said, sod off, wer'e not paying.
        You ain't seen me, right!

Comment

Originally posted by dack View Post
          Well, to complicate things, I was operating through an offshore (don't ask )
          Not asking

Like we said, probably worth a punt but we can't imagine anything will come of it.
          The only debt collection & credit control company recommended by Contractor UK.

Read our articles on ContractorUK here and get in touch here.

Comment

Working...
          X