• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone working for Vodafone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone working for Vodafone

Hi
    Is anyone here working at Vodafone?
    Just had an interview this week and was told the interviewer really liked me but next day a recruitment freeze was put in place which means they can't make an offer currently.

Does anyone know if Vodafone have put on a recruitment freeze this week?

Who told you this? An agent? Either way the role is dead in the water until you get a phone call so move on and carry on looking.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes the agent said. It sounded genuine but I wanted to see if anyone could corroborate it on here.
      I'll keep looking but the role at Vodafone sounded good.

Comment

Originally posted by skippyd View Post
        Yes the agent said. It sounded genuine but I wanted to see if anyone could corroborate it on here.
        I guess it depends which part of Vodafone. Different divisions may have different diktats.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Hi
          Just had an interview this week and was told the interviewer really liked me but next day a recruitment freeze was put in place which means they can't make an offer currently.

I had a similar problem with one of the minor banks last year. Had interviews, lots of discussion around rate and offsite working and reached agreement. After a couple of days of no contract it emerged they had a new HR Director who wanted to make their mark by salary banding everyone and recruitment was frozen until then. A month later they came back and asked if I was still available. Too late.

As NLUK said, this one is dead for now. Market is ok though.

Comment

I was due to start a contract in VF UK on Monday, but the agent has kept putting me back a day. I've not heard anything about a recruitment freeze, but this may explain things.

Comment

I've worked there a few times over the years. The last stint involved havng to park off site quite some way from the main place. Such a small thing, but the increased travel time for me meant that I won't be back there in a hurry.
              "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
              "See?"

Comment

Did a stint last year in Wythenshawe. Struck me as quite a disconnected company especially following the C&W acquisition.

I suppose just about any scenario is possible with any company though. I turned up for an interview with the N H S only to be told that very morning a contractor recruitment freeze had been put in place. Very frustrating after a 2.5hr drive. Poor red face client who I think wanted a big hole to swallow him up
                Permietractor (probably)

Comment

Hi

The Agent is lying to you..

Comment

Who cares?

You don't have a gig, keep looking.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X