• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Final timesheet not a signed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final timesheet not a signed

Hi,

I left a big IB in London 2 weeks ago. I mailed my line manager requesting he authorised my last timesheet and spoke with him before I left. These are usually submitted on Friday (I left on Thursday) so I didn't think there would be a problem.

It turns out the timesheet was not authorised and all means of trying to make contact have been ignored. I know the person involved is in the office as I have asked my previous collegues.

What is the advice you guys would give as to what my best course of action is?

Thanks

Well a search would have been a good start as this is asked a lot... but...

Are you with an agent? If so what is your opt in/out status.

Putting the above aside for the moment, I am sure your contract states you don't get paid without a signed timesheet so gotta keep chasing that.

I can't believe for one minute a manager is ignoring a contractor over a timesheet. He maybe putting it on a low priority but I can't see him purposely avoiding you to avoid the company paying. Keep trying. Speak to the clients HR to see if they can track him down on your behalf, get the agent to chase him? Ring reception calling yourself someone else and get them to put you through, call his manager, go see him,write letters and send signed for etc.. Just get hold of him and find out why. Can't do much else until you get to the bottom of this.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What were the circumstances of you leaving?

Comment

[QUOTE=northernladuk;1904596]Are you with an agent? If so what is your opt in/out status.QUOTE]

If we believe what we read in a 10-page thread on this subject, isn't this kinda irrelevant?
        Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by flambo View Post
          What is the advice you guys would give as to what my best course of action is?
          Invoice as usual and keep chasing the timesheet.

If you didn't sign the opt out then the agency are still legally obliged to pay you.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

[QUOTE=SteelyDan;1904799]
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Are you with an agent? If so what is your opt in/out status.QUOTE]

If we believe what we read in a 10-page thread on this subject, isn't this kinda irrelevant?
            LOL I saw your post in that thread. Not really though. That is a complicated case in which this was only a part of it. It just isn't worth the cost of taking it that far to hope the court case goes in your favour. They are more likely to pay it than to face the bills to take it to court in cases like this.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
              Yes, if you believe the agent that started that thread. Of course, if you believe the other agent that commented in that thread, you'll see that they have had more cases involving opt out where the clause has been held to be very relevant.

One was a criminal case, the others (I presume) were all civil, so there is an obvious difference there for a starter.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Working...
              X