• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agent says Clients are using the phrase "hiring freeze"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know in my current gig there is a permie recruitment freeze.....my specific role is not the same as the permie they would like to be able to bring in - had to be sure, from an IR35 perspective at the outset - but in the long run, after I have done my thing, the plan will be to recruit a permie who can take up the reins of what I have done.
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
      So, to pursue my original point, other contractors are not hearing agencies talk of a hiring freeze then ?

Boo
      No i have about 8 agencies calling me per day as I just put my CV on line, not much of a recruitment freeze going on in my sector

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        No i have about 8 agencies calling me per day as I just put my CV on line, not much of a recruitment freeze going on in my sector
        I never even got around to uploading my CV, a pimp sent a out a speculative email. Currently having the contract reviewed prior to the obligatory boom thread.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Recruitment Freeze how long??

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          I happened to me when I was just about to start at Tesco (June 2013), they had a recruitment freeze and they had to wait an additional two weeks before I could start on-site. When I was contracting there it appeared that it was a twice yearly occurence from the experience of other contractors.
          Hi bro,

I am in the same situation like you now, basically I got a very positive feedback from the interviewers and they almost happy to take me onboard, but suddenly I heard that there is a recruitment freeze from my agent, that there is a recruitment freeze from new CEO.

It's been almost 3 weeks and they didn't lift the freeze yet, are you still working for Tesco ?? can I know how long will this be??? Role is a Test Engineer

Comment

I would well imagine that there's a recruitment freeze on at Tesco atm.

As of today, in fact...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by pavan35m View Post
              Hi bro,

I am in the same situation like you now, basically I got a very positive feedback from the interviewers and they almost happy to take me onboard, but suddenly I heard that there is a recruitment freeze from my agent, that there is a recruitment freeze from new CEO.

It's been almost 3 weeks and they didn't lift the freeze yet, are you still working for Tesco ?? can I know how long will this be??? Role is a Test Engineer
              I believe they thought they were more profitable than they really are. Magicians are what they need at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                Asda are always looking if your'e stuck, do you have expereince in checkouts?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I would well imagine that there's a recruitment freeze on at Tesco atm.

As of today, in fact...
                  Ok.... I know usually these kind of freezes are indefinite and cannot be predicted for unfreeze.
                  But any rough idea on previous experiences or previous news that how long would this be??
                  And will they consider hiring the same persons they interviewed???

Comment

It's quite likely that the agent will contact you if they release the budget.

But I wouldn't wait around for that to happen. Who knows if any project will still be running following today's news?
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                      So, to pursue my original point, other contractors are not hearing agencies talk of a hiring freeze then ?

Boo
                      Not a hiring freeze but a sh1tload of emails about stupid 'permanent' jobs under 35K.

Comment

Working...
                      X