• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offshore Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offshore Rate

Permie 3rd party contractor looking to go contracting soon, My background in IT is for an oil company, normally based onshore but with occasional offshore working required, just wondering if it would be considered normal to quote an onshore rate and an offshore rate in my contract negotiations as this is in my permie contract to claim due to longer hours and inconvenience?

Originally posted by takethebus View Post
    Permie 3rd party contractor looking to go contracting soon, My background in IT is for an oil company, normally based onshore but with occasional offshore working required, just wondering if it would be considered normal to quote an onshore rate and an offshore rate in my contract negotiations as this is in my permie contract to claim due to longer hours and inconvenience?
    Dunno about 'normal' - what is that, anyway? But I don't see why you can't quote onshore/offshore rates....whether any Agent/Client will accommodate is another matter, though
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Speak to a couple of agents in your niche and see what they would expect. If it is normal for your industry to do that, then great - if not, then you probably need to work out how you want to approach those situations.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I don't work offshore but my contract (thank you PCG) states that any days worked off-site will be charged at daily rate + £150 ...or choose whatever number you're happy with. That extra amount is purely for the inconvenience factor, not the cost of working away.

Consider your expenses too. It might be better to charge an all-inclusive offshore rate that takes account of travel/hotel/food/time spent on train or plane etc.

Comment

Thanks its pretty standard in permie land for offshore working I'm going to stick it in there and see what happens as can't see being a difference between permie and contractor offshore inconvenience allowance will see what a few agents are saying about it.

Comment

Working...
          X