Interview/Applying from a foriegn location Interview/Applying from a foriegn location - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 48

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stek View Post
    So this is a permie job right'?
    Well, i had a chat with the contact person and he says that I will remain on their payroll but will working on contracts from different clients. So it's permie role, right?

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by jtnkathuria View Post
    Well, i had a chat with the contact person and he says that I will remain on their payroll but will working on contracts from different clients. So it's permie role, right?
    It's fine if the sponsor is a recognised consultancy and you'd be on site directed by the consultancy, not by the client.

Subject to RLMT and valid COS.

Nervous Newbie

It's fine if the sponsor is a recognised consultancy and you'd be on site directed by the consultancy, not by the client.

Subject to RLMT and valid COS.
    As per them, they'll provide COS as well. So, it is correct right?

Double Godlike!

As per them, they'll provide COS as well. So, it is correct right?
    Yup.

Nervous Newbie

So just to be more clear, they are asking me to find a contract? So what does that mean? How will it work out legally?

Contractor Among Contractors

So just to be more clear, they are asking me to find a contract? So what does that mean? How will it work out legally?
    Eh? These two posts directly contradict each other don't they?
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Double Godlike!

This is the illegal route, you get a contract, assign it to them, they employ you, take 30%, get you a COS, you are now controlled by what is now your employer, whether UKVI find out is another story but you should be aware these companies have their sponsorship rights removed all the time, giving you 60 days to find another sponsor or leave.

These are not reputable companies and they are circumventing the immigration rules, Tier 1 General was designed for those wanting to contract, but that's been closed now, so guess what, people are abusing the Tier 2 visa which is expressly tied to the sponsor, and not as shrouded contracting.

There is no longer any legal way for a non-EU person to contract in the UK apart from maybe YMS.

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GlenW View Post
    Eh? These two posts directly contradict each other don't they?
    That's what confounds me. So he said that find a contract and tell the agency XYZ company will be able to sponsor me and i will be on their payroll. Since i was not aware how it works in UK, i took his word.

Nervous Newbie

This is the illegal route, you get a contract, assign it to them, they employ you, take 30%, get you a COS, you are now controlled by what is now your employer, whether UKVI find out is another story but you should be aware these companies have their sponsorship rights removed all the time, giving you 60 days to find another sponsor or leave.

These are not reputable companies and they are circumventing the immigration rules, Tier 1 General was designed for those wanting to contract, but that's been closed now, so guess what, people are abusing the Tier 2 visa which is expressly tied to the sponsor, and not as shrouded contracting.

There is no longer any legal way for a non-EU person to contract in the UK apart from maybe YMS.
    Just out of ignorance, which part here is exactly illegal? Also, sadly my country is not in the list for Tier 5 - YMS.

Double Godlike!

Just out of ignorance, which part here is exactly illegal? Also, sadly my country is not in the list for Tier 5 - YMS.
    I've explained it several times already, suspect your just waiting for the answer you want.