• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview/Applying from a foriegn location

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    So this is a permie job right'?
    Well, i had a chat with the contact person and he says that I will remain on their payroll but will working on contracts from different clients. So it's permie role, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jtnkathuria View Post
      Well, i had a chat with the contact person and he says that I will remain on their payroll but will working on contracts from different clients. So it's permie role, right?
      It's fine if the sponsor is a recognised consultancy and you'd be on site directed by the consultancy, not by the client.

Subject to RLMT and valid COS.

Comment

It's fine if the sponsor is a recognised consultancy and you'd be on site directed by the consultancy, not by the client.

Subject to RLMT and valid COS.
        As per them, they'll provide COS as well. So, it is correct right?

Comment

As per them, they'll provide COS as well. So, it is correct right?
          Yup.

Comment

So just to be more clear, they are asking me to find a contract? So what does that mean? How will it work out legally?

Comment

So just to be more clear, they are asking me to find a contract? So what does that mean? How will it work out legally?
              Eh? These two posts directly contradict each other don't they?
              I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

This is the illegal route, you get a contract, assign it to them, they employ you, take 30%, get you a COS, you are now controlled by what is now your employer, whether UKVI find out is another story but you should be aware these companies have their sponsorship rights removed all the time, giving you 60 days to find another sponsor or leave.

These are not reputable companies and they are circumventing the immigration rules, Tier 1 General was designed for those wanting to contract, but that's been closed now, so guess what, people are abusing the Tier 2 visa which is expressly tied to the sponsor, and not as shrouded contracting.

There is no longer any legal way for a non-EU person to contract in the UK apart from maybe YMS.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                  Eh? These two posts directly contradict each other don't they?
                  That's what confounds me. So he said that find a contract and tell the agency XYZ company will be able to sponsor me and i will be on their payroll. Since i was not aware how it works in UK, i took his word.

Comment

This is the illegal route, you get a contract, assign it to them, they employ you, take 30%, get you a COS, you are now controlled by what is now your employer, whether UKVI find out is another story but you should be aware these companies have their sponsorship rights removed all the time, giving you 60 days to find another sponsor or leave.

These are not reputable companies and they are circumventing the immigration rules, Tier 1 General was designed for those wanting to contract, but that's been closed now, so guess what, people are abusing the Tier 2 visa which is expressly tied to the sponsor, and not as shrouded contracting.

There is no longer any legal way for a non-EU person to contract in the UK apart from maybe YMS.
                    Just out of ignorance, which part here is exactly illegal? Also, sadly my country is not in the list for Tier 5 - YMS.

Comment

Just out of ignorance, which part here is exactly illegal? Also, sadly my country is not in the list for Tier 5 - YMS.
                      I've explained it several times already, suspect your just waiting for the answer you want.

Comment

Working...
                      X