• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview/Applying from a foriegn location

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    What exactly does an A-rating mean and who creates those ratings. I can't imagine UKBA offers ratings by company (Ministerial heads would roll if they did) so where is this A-rating coming from?
    Below is the link for the same.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...2014-05-07.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      What exactly does an A-rating mean and who creates those ratings. I can't imagine UKBA offers ratings by company (Ministerial heads would roll if they did) so where is this A-rating coming from?
      It's a long standing joke...

http://www.ukpermits.com/employers/sponsorship-license

Just like the Highly Trusted Colleges that are equally dodgy and don't last five minutes...

Comment

Interview/Applying from a foriegn location

Originally posted by stek View Post
        It's a long standing joke...

http://www.ukpermits.com/employers/sponsorship-license

Just like the Highly Trusted Colleges that are equally dodgy and don't last five minutes...
        I'm going for a plan d. Especially as it seems that if I don't pay them they not reach that magic salary of £20,000

Just need to work out how to set the chain between end client co and the sponsoring agency so that the money is suitably lost.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zemoxyl View Post
          If you are genuine and really want to break into that golden market, then search on the jobsites. There clearly are some 'consultancies' offering sponsorship for relative newbies.
          Can anybody throw a light on this? Anybody aware?

Comment

Originally posted by jtnkathuria View Post
            Can anybody throw a light on this? Anybody aware?
            I refer you to the posts at the beginning of the thread that warn you what happens if you go down that route.

Get yourself a permanent employer who will sponsor you.

You may not like the UK anyway.

I've worked with various people from around the world who find they disliked being in the UK or stuck in the part they worked.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I've worked with various people from around the world who find they disliked being in the UK or stuck in the part they worked.
              At one client I worked with, one morning they opened up the delivery lorry at the warehouse and two illegals jumped out and ran off.

Two days later, they handed themselves into the police, having found that waking up in a trading estate just outside Accrington wasn't quite the "roads are paved with gold" that they were expecting...
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                At one client I worked with, one morning they opened up the delivery lorry at the warehouse and two illegals jumped out and ran off.

Two days later, they handed themselves into the police, having found that waking up in a trading estate just outside Accrington wasn't quite the "roads are paved with gold" that they were expecting...
                Well, isn't that obvious. they were illlegals.

Comment

Originally posted by jtnkathuria View Post
                  Well, isn't that obvious. they were illlegals.
                  Not sure what their status has to do with anything? They were human beings who were obviously so desperate to escape the situation in wherever their homeland was that they were prepared to suffer the hardships and risks of illegal passage to the UK.

After a time they discovered it was not for them and that can happen to anyone.

I wish you luck in your quest but I have to say that you seem to be clutching at straws in the hope that a magic contract will appear and all your dreams will come true when the one piece of consistent advice you have been given is to get a permanent role with an employer who will sponsor you.

Comment

Working...
                  X