• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wood Group PSN 10% rate cut.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Group PSN 10% rate cut.

Wood Group PSN rate cut. Apparently AMEC are now also "reviewing" their rates. Hopefully this round of rate cuts won't spread to the London area O&G market.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Originally posted by BBC
    Some contractors will be offered the opportunity to become staff.
    Are they the lucky ones or the unlucky ones?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Are they the lucky ones or the unlucky ones?
      Presumably it's a "take a staff job or leave" scenario?
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The worst office I've ever had the misfortune to visit was a wood group one.

Hell would need to freeze over before I worked there for more than the very occasional day.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Apparently this is an industry wide intiative (probably conjured up at a recent Oil & Gas UK meet given Dr Alix Thom's appearance in a related news article) and it is expected that more firms will follow suit.

It is a very myopic approach as at the end of the day the rates are set by the market. The contractors worth their salt will leave and the dead weight will remain. The result being that the clients (operators) will get a lower quality service.

I think any offer of staff roles will have a very low up take.

Comment

Working...
          X