• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simple retainer agreement?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for future reference...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
      What they essentially want from me is a commitment for a maximum of 4 days/month which I would presumably bill them for whether they use those days or not - so they are essentially paying for my time whether or not I do any work; in return I keep some time available and make my other clients aware that I require this flexibility (which shouldn't be a problem). A fairly standard retainer agreement.
      Depends on the client but it can be nice work if you can get it and they forget that you are there...
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

ever find one

Did you ever find a retainer template? Sounds like you may have made one yourself. I'm looking for a template myself and only finding US templates online.

Comment

I do this. Client number two has me on a retainer to support their production system, the contact actually says that I will do 25 hours a week, but it's a use it or loose it arrangement - I normally only do a couple of hours a week. The contract says that for a level 1 production issue I need to jump on a conference call within 30 mins of being informed, but anything else I have 1 week to respond.

Before NLUK jumps on me - I employ two sub-contractors on a small retainer, in the event that I can't get on the conference call due to client one keeping me busy, then they will both do it for me - the first one on the call then gets an hourly rate while they run through standard trouble-shooting steps while I make myself available. (this has never happened and we only get a level 1 incident once every couple of years on average anyway)

Projects at client two are set up separately (such as new code / new hardware etc) and I quote them an eye-watering amount for my part, which they happily sign off
          Last edited by tvr450; 31 July 2015, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by tvr450 View Post
            I do this. Client number two has me on a retainer to support their production system, the contact actually says that I will do 25 hours a week, but it's a use it or loose it arrangement - I normally only do a couple of hours a week. The contract says that for a level 1 production issue I need to jump on a conference call within 30 mins of being informed, but anything else I have 1 week to respond.

Before NLUK jumps on me - I employ two sub-contractors on a small retainer, in the event that I can't get on the conference call due to client one keeping me busy, then they will both do it for me - the first one on the call then gets an hourly rate while they run through standard trouble-shooting steps while I make myself available. (this has never happened and we only get a level 1 incident once every couple of years on average anyway)

Projects at client one are set up separately (such as new code / new hardware etc) and I quote them an eye-watering amount for my part, which they happily sign off
            Nice set up.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've just been asked by a client for this exact same thing, any chance you can share your anonymised schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post

So all good in the end! If anybody wants an anonymised copy of the schedule I drew up I'm happy to share it, but it is designed to be used in conjunction with the master service agreement which I'm not going to share as its a PCG template. I'm not sure you can copyright contracts but I feel like if you want it, you should sign up for the PCG.
                Sorry to resurrect a rather old thread, but I’m looking to set up a retainer agreement with a client, and the information in this thread and some others has been really useful.

TheCyclingProgrammer, is there any chance you could share the schedule you drew up with me please?

Comment

Working...
                X