• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Margin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    And I would add to that. The rate a contractor gets is an indication of his sales skills. Surely repeat business is an indication of thier competence.
    I don't class sales skills as any different to technical ones, a failing in one normally indicates a deficiency in another.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
      I don't class sales skills as any different to technical ones, a failing in one normally indicates a deficiency in another.
      So much for your powers of discernment.

Is brain surgeon therefore should have no difficulty in launching a mission to Mars?

Try paying attention when you speak....you will miss less and learn more.

Comment

Originally posted by Taita View Post

Is brain surgeon therefore should have no difficulty in launching a mission to Mars?

If you're going to try and score a cheap shot at least try and make sure your response makes grammatical sense, then at least you wont come across as a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Taita View Post

Also technical skills and sales know how go hand in hand if you're a contractor, last time I looked brain surgery and rocket science were not a common skillset among either of those professions, so your response makes little or no sense (and yes still makes you look like a fool).

Comment

If you're going to try and score a cheap shot at least try and make sure your response makes grammatical sense, then at least you wont come across as a fool.
            Please feel free to correct my grammar. I 'wont' (won't) hesitate to help you even after I was deeply wounded that you saw my comment as a 'cheap shot'.

BTW 'try and make' is probably better expressed as try to make.

Comment

Also technical skills and sales know how go hand in hand if you're a contractor, last time I looked brain surgery and rocket science were not a common skillset among either of those professions, so your response makes little or no sense (and yes still makes you look like a fool).
              If you really believe "technical skills and sales know how go hand in hand if you're a contractor" then you are living the dream!

You only have to read these pages to see how incorrect your premise is as a general description of contractor attributes.

Comment

Working...
              X