• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alexander Mann contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander Mann contracts

Anyone have any recent experience with getting Alexander Mann to update clauses in their contract?
    (I've searched!)

Qdos review found issues with their substitution clause.

Only got the review back Friday night so won't get a response from AM til Monday morning.

Hi - yes, their contracts are awful. Quite a few items to change - I got 90% changed - the issue you will have is the 55 degrees of separation between monkey and organ grinder at AMS.
    They also refer alot of decisions i asked for back to the client - i assume they then assigned the clause/risk back to the client????
    If you want details PM me.

Cheers

Comment

same issue!

I've had the same issue a few months back with AMS.. Qdos reviewed my contract and it came back with a fail.

I asked AMS to update the contract with the recommended changes and they agreed to take a look. If you read the Request Policy form they send, they state that they will not change the contract if "the change being made is solely to enhance the contractors IR35 status". Its a bit a joke to be honest.

I managed to get 2 of the 5 changes implemented but they would not change the Personal Service/Substitution. Looks like this is standard with all AMS contracts

Comment

Why can't these big agencies work with the likes of the PCG to draft proper contracts.
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Why can't these big agencies work with the likes of the PCG to draft proper contracts.
          Because they are feckwits and think that an unfair contract would stand them in good stead if a contractor ever took them to court.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by pjh View Post
            they state that they will not change the contract if "the change being made is solely to enhance the contractors IR35 status".

You would be tempted to just walk away when reading that, but hard to do that if you've been benched for a while. Certainly I'd be inclined to send a formal message to the end client and say the pimp contract terms are unworkable, but then again you could still be inside with your daily working practices (hard to judge I know since you have yet to start the gig.)

Like many sid-u-ayy-shuns in contracting it is who blinks first or who shouts the loudest.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by pjh View Post
              I asked AMS to update the contract with the recommended changes and they agreed to take a look. If you read the Request Policy form they send, they state that they will not change the contract if "the change being made is solely to enhance the contractors IR35 status". Its a bit a joke to be honest.
              If that's their policy, then I dread to think what the upper contract between agency and client is like.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Do Alexander Mann really push OPT-OUT ?

Any of you guys with them and didn't OPT-OUT ?

I had a call for a role and whilst discussing the suitability, the agent asked me if I opt-out or not

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                  See PCG forums for some recent suggestions and the answers

Comment

Originally posted by shabs5000 View Post
                    Hi - yes, their contracts are awful. Quite a few items to change - I got 90% changed - the issue you will have is the 55 degrees of separation between monkey and organ grinder at AMS.
                    They also refer alot of decisions i asked for back to the client - i assume they then assigned the clause/risk back to the client????
                    If you want details PM me.

Cheers
                    That's what they all say - what they are really doing is running back and forth to a director who then relays the question to their first year legal exec and comes back with an answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X