• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alexander Mann contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Intention View Post
    Do Alexander Mann really push OPT-OUT ?

Any of you guys with them and didn't OPT-OUT ?
    I discussed this with a friend who contracted through Alexander Mann and didn't opt out. The agent was keen to get an answer on the opt out question but would only say that the contractor had to take independent advice and wouldn't discuss the pros and cons of opting out. In the end there was no opt out and the agent accepted that without argument.

The contract itself had a clause in it saying that certain marked sections did not apply if the worker had not signed the opt out form. It was interesting because you could see the exact differences between the opt out and non opt out contracts (handcuff clause was reduced, they would pay even without signed timesheets and they would pay if regardless of if the client had paid them or not).

Clear and transparent with no coercion to opt out - that is the way agencies should operate in my view.

Originally posted by Intention View Post
    I had a call for a role and whilst discussing the suitability, the agent asked me if I opt-out or not
    Of course, there is the suspicion that you might be a little bit more suitable for a role if you opted out, isn't there!

With all agents I would be inclined to say verbally that you would opt out but if and when the contract paperwork arrives say you have changed your mind and you will not be signing the opt out and this is your legal right to withdraw the opt out before you start work. This will remove the temptation of the agent to downgrade you in favour of an opted out candidate...
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
    X