Corona Virus Contingency Corona Virus Contingency
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default Corona Virus Contingency

    Anyone else thinking of using the government grant assistance if they are sent home ?

    I have myself and my son and wife as employees of my limited company and expect us all to be sent home soon as rumours go for the companies we work for, we are expecting confirmation later this week.



    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  2. #2

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I am talking with regards to the new package released by Rishi today


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,634

    Default

    You mean the business loan?

    Do you not have a huge warchest in the company bearing in mind there are three of you bringing income in?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  4. #4

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    You mean the business loan?

    Do you not have a huge warchest in the company bearing in mind there are three of you bringing income in?
    It’s immaterial what is in the warchest and there are no prerequisites at present and I was talking about both the loans and grants


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boney MM View Post
    It’s immaterial what is in the warchest and there are no prerequisites at present and I was talking about both the loans and grants
    It's not really. It's key to whether you take a loan or not. If you've a warchest it's surely more preferable to use that?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #6

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's not really. It's key to whether you take a loan or not. If you've a warchest it's surely more preferable to use that?
    It is immaterial, the government are offering assistance if needed, if I or others use the warchest and this pandemic goes on for months and months until the warchest runs dry, you are unlikely to get backdated assistance.

    The packages are to protect businesses throughout the period. I could claim on it insurance by why when the government are providing assistance.

    You always trot out about the old warchest, it is there to sustain periods of no income, not lengthy periods with uncertainty for a pandemic that might go on for god knows how long. -

    Again I said loan or GRANT as I am asking if others are intending on applying for either as it’s dependant on turnover




    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boney MM View Post
    It is immaterial, the government are offering assistance if needed, if I or others use the warchest and this pandemic goes on for months and months until the warchest runs dry, you are unlikely to get backdated assistance.

    The packages are to protect businesses throughout the period. I could claim on it insurance by why when the government are providing assistance.

    You always trot out about the old warchest, it is there to sustain periods of no income, not lengthy periods with uncertainty for a pandemic that might go on for god knows how long. -

    Again I said loan or GRANT as I am asking if others are intending on applying for either as it’s dependant on turnover




    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Yup I’m applying


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    wattaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    I smell sockie.
    ---

    Former member of IPSE.


    ---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

    ---

  9. #9

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wattaj View Post
    I smell sockie.
    Usual mentality on here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  10. #10

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    If you've a warchest it's surely more preferable to use that?
    It's not preferable if you are a scumbag tax avoider.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •