• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19 rescue deal for Self employed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
    As per the Coronavirus bill which is currently going through the parliament it is lower of either £2917 or 80% of average earnings last three years.

We don't know yet Director/Shareholder Dividend+Salary will be eligible.
    I think you're confusing an opposition amendment with a gov't amendment.

House of Commons Public Bill Committee Amendments: Coronavirus Bill pages 1-7

The gov't may accept it, but they probably won't because they're preparing something else.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Problem with UBI is people require vastly different amounts to stay afloat.
      Only because the government are trying to cover all sorts of scenarios. The simplest way is to freeze everything not absolutely essential for combating the pandemic and supporting the population, so all bills are frozen and everyone only has to worry about food and the essentials until things can go back to normal.

Essential work continues and if it needs funding they get it from those government 12 month interest free loans rather than their normal income routes.

Then everyone can easily survive on less than a grand an month if they stop going to Harrods for their food.

It doesn't need to be any more complex than that.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Only because the government are trying to cover all sorts of scenarios. The simplest way is to freeze everything not absolutely essential for combating the pandemic and supporting the population, so all bills are frozen and everyone only has to worry about food and the essentials until things can go back to normal.

Essential work continues and if it needs funding they get it from those government 12 month interest free loans rather than their normal income routes.

Then everyone can easily survive on less than a grand an month if they stop going to Harrods for their food.

It doesn't need to be any more complex than that.
        Less than a grand a month - I wish! MrsG spends £700 on full livery for her nag of a horse

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
          Less than a grand a month - I wish! MrsG spends £700 on full livery for her nag of a horse
          There's still a shortage of meat at many supermarkets....

Comment

Can anyone give a straight answer as to whether 'we' can claim Universal Credit? Some saying self employed should. Does company money count as savings, for example?
            Last edited by PerfectStorm; 24 March 2020, 10:49.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              Can anyone give a straight answer as to whether 'we' can claim Universal Credit? Some saying self employed should. Does company money count as savings, for example?
              How can company money count as savings???
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Last time I checked a few years back when universal credit was first introduced,ltd company directors could NOT apply. Unlike jsa before it. You have to resign from ltd company and then submit accounts to benefit agency Maybe that has chaned recently. As for sole traders not sure.

Comment

It may be they relax it or already have. Might as well apply. Assuming you've been canned.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    How can company money count as savings???
                    Well as you keep saying, the company and you are separate.

Anyway it looks like we may end up being offered 80% of self assessment income up to the £2.5k cap.

£125 day rates! That should keep the wolves away at least
                    Last edited by PerfectStorm; 24 March 2020, 11:24.
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Martin Lewis - Are you self employed and need financial...

"I have it confirmed by the government that they are working on a support package for the self employed... announced friday at the latest"
                      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                      X