• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government packages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing for people with trading profits above 50k
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Anyone else catch the inference that the self-employed will pay more tax in the future? Was all over in a second but he definitely said it.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        On average, presumably?

Banking contractors are not covered but lots of IT freelancers will be inside that level.

What's not clear is whether they consider a PSC to be self employment or not. Lots of people who are genuinely self employed, tradesmen etc, choose to work through a LTD for various reasons.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Did I mis-hear... people not covered are on £200K a year?

m

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Anyone else catch the inference that the self-employed will pay more tax in the future? Was all over in a second but he definitely said it.
            We'll they already deferred the IR35 thing. Maybe we're heading for simpler "tax on what you earn" major reform

Comment

Are you a limited company?

If so this doesn't apply to you anyway as you aren;t "self-employed" in the defintion here.

You are a PAYE employee with dividend income - so you come under the other scheme - but of course as a director you can't furlough yourself

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                Are you a limited company?

If so this doesn't apply to you anyway as you aren;t "self-employed" in the defintion here.

You are a PAYE employee with dividend income - so you come under the other scheme - but of course as a director you can't furlough yourself
                Are you certain this has been clarified? The terminology is used in various ways

Comment

Jeez...screwed all round

Those earning above £50k are on average earning £200k......

Expect to pay more tax in the future........

Higher rate tax payers screwed now and even more in the future

Comment

Very strong hint of tax/NI reform coming in the future.

Comment

Clearly sowing seeds to use this as an excuse to screw the self-employed with tax-rises in the coming years...not just "PSCs" but sole traders too from the sounds of it.

What exactly is the "big inconsistency" between a sole trader and somebody on PAYE? Lack of employer's NIC? The ability to offset genuine expenses against tax?

Comment

Working...
                      X