• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government packages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matzie View Post
    For the (probably very tiny) proportion of us who are actually in business, rather than with their arse on the seat of a large client co for years at a time - the documentation on this scheme is available here (PDF link): https://assets.publishing.service.go...uidance-v2.pdf
    FTFY
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorAgain View Post
      The only bit may be the 80% of director salary?
      A few people have suggested this is eligible but I've seen analysis (here and by people who know what they're talking about) that a director cannot be furloughed as they must continue working. It seems to me a company director is not employed to fulfill their obligations as director but does those separately but we'll have to wait and see.

For instance someone who runs a shop or cafe... They are likely working long hours as manager then doing the "company stuff" at home.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        I don't think this covers LtdCo contractors - it's all off the SATR, which is how self employed declare their profits.

I think I read somewhere that they'd confirmed we could furlough ourselves, so would get the 80% of salary (not dividends).

I think the 50K profit thing is a massive mistake - it's not a huge amount, and people will have big mortgages etc to pay. There is no (AFAIK) restriction on the salary scheme - you could be on £200K and furloughed and get your handout.
        Yes but capped at approx 2.5k/month quite a drop from the £9.7k a 200k salary gets you or 80% off that.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
          Yes but capped at approx 2.5k/month quite a drop from the £9.7k a 200k salary gets you or 80% off that.
          yep - but you still get it!

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Need the Contractor bodies and accountants to chew this over and give a summary.

My operating assumption is that, other than for mortgage holidays and deferred payment of tax from July to Jan 2021, we get zero of any kind of support.

What about those of us who are private renters? no rent holiday...

Comment

Originally posted by Lilibet View Post
              What about those of us who are private renters? no rent holiday...
              Like this, you mean?

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...s-i-house.html

You need to work on your search skills.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                yep - but you still get it!
                Indeed, sorry I thought the inference was they'd get 80% of the 9.7k, apologies.

Comment

My Ltd company has two employees, myself, and my wife for book-keeping duties. Like everyone else, I'm unsure if I can claim the 80% grant for my own salary as director. I know at least we can claim for my wife's salary. It's not much but it's something at least ...

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshirespud View Post
                    My Ltd company has two employees, myself, and my wife for book-keeping duties. Like everyone else, I'm unsure if I can claim the 80% grant for my own salary as director. I know at least we can claim for my wife's salary. It's not much but it's something at least ...
                    What day to day work have you laid her off from?
                    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                      What day to day work have you laid her off from?
                      Running the payroll and spending dividends

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X