• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government packages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Obviously. Most PSCs pay under the National Minimum Wage so by doing so you'll also have been breaking the law paying under NMW as well as fraud.

But I'm sure some eejit will come asking how to do it.
    There is a get out clause, I pay myself the minimum wage, I just don't claim for all the hours I actually work...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by yorkshirespud View Post
      It wasn’t a new contact, it was an existing one terminated due to the virus [emoji850]

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Make both of you furloughed workers for at least 3 months or until you pick up another gig.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        There is a get out clause, I pay myself the minimum wage, I just don't claim for all the hours I actually work...
        so that means you worked for free for your client for that time?
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          so that means you worked for free for your client for that time?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What I meant by that is, if the timesheet to the client has more hours on it that he paid himself at NMW then how does that discrepancy get explained if he is investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              What I meant by that is, if the timesheet to the client has more hours on it that he paid himself at NMW then how does that discrepancy get explained if he is investigated.
              I'll save you the bother NLUK.....

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  I'll save you the bother NLUK.....

I think we need to jump straight to this one.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think we need to jump straight to this one.

ha ha

ok I checked we are not in general we are in accounting/ legal.

we are not all know it alls, so it would be good if you can explain what is so stupid about what I have said. I have never been investigated so I don't know what they will look at.

Comment

PSC covered for PAYE element no mention of risk of no employee contract

anyway the face palming and NMW is a moot point possibly, this confirms PSC directors are covered and no mention of the risks from the previous article (penned by the same author)

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme extends to limited company directors

Comment

Working...
                      X