Claiming JSA - my experience Claiming JSA - my experience - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 26 of 26

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by mikedarv View Post
    My umbrella contract ended 30th Sept, I applied for JSA on 30th Oct. Got confirmation with a couple of days and first payment expected this week, seemed straight forward.
    What do you mean by umbrella contract? Contract with client via brolly or your actual engagement with the umbrella itself. If the later how did you leave. That post doesn't really help as it is.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

More time posting than coding

PayStream Umbrella contract since beginning of March working for Redbridge Council, got sick with Covid (no joke for anyone that still doesn't believe in it, 41 degree temperature and couldn't breath which threw me in panic attacks which then made it worse, plus all the other tulipty symptoms. Self treatment since you don't get anything), being ill for 3 weeks made me lose my job. A sick contractor is no good to anyone

Since the PayStream Umbrella company doesn't do furlough and from reading on here about Universal Credits, I am just getting around £450 a month via LTD Furlough claim. Lucky I didn't close it down last year. So in the end IR35 is ******* amazing for contractors. I rather get unemployment like all other EU countries, chomage, for around %80 going down to %70 over the course of a year.

Permie Swiss (pending)

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    What do you mean by umbrella contract? Contract with client via brolly or your actual engagement with the umbrella itself. If the later how did you leave. That post doesn't really help as it is.
    Pretty clear, I think, that it's far more likely to be the former than the latter.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Ddraig Goch

Quote Originally Posted by cwah View Post
    Hello

I'm applying for JSA now. It's asking me if I've been unemployed for the last 6 months.

Technically, I'm employed by my own LTD company and paying myself £790/month.

However, I don't have contract anymore. So my company doesn't receive money anymore.

So what should I write? Do I put myself as employed or unemployed?

Thank you
    You are probably going to have to lay yourself off and get a P45..... you have been employed.

I think they ask this because periods of unemployment within 6 months are counted as "linked"
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Ddraig Goch

Quote Originally Posted by mikedarv View Post
    My umbrella contract ended 30th Sept, I applied for JSA on 30th Oct. Got confirmation with a couple of days and first payment expected this week, seemed straight forward.
    but you lost a month there....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Pretty clear, I think, that it's far more likely to be the former than the latter.
    I would have probably thought that most of the time but we've got a current running thread with the guy claiming unfair dismissal from his client and he doesn't appear to understand who his contract is with and thinks it's with the client even though he's still employed by the umbrella so just checking.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!