• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipse - webinar 2nd April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I was on the call, think they said there was about 500 people on it.

Personally, thought it was useful. Probably been noted elsewhere, but IPSE advised they were consulted by the gov on what measures should be put it - they gave their opinion and specifically said PSC's should be included in the support. And obviously they disagreed with that part.

They did make many comments that they disagreed with the PSC exclusion and were lobbying the treasury, and they were having many direct talks with them. They did go into quite a bit of detail on what their views were - I can't recall of it so might be worth people fast forwarding the recording to that part if they wanted.

Banged on a lot about how the opposed IR35 as well - and how they need to frame their lobbying so not to weaken their argument on this. But again, this has been discussed on threads already.

Proposal from them was to run a Webinar every week with updates (not just on this area but all that is going on).

Comment

PSCs aren't "excluded". Government handouts for profits not realised and associated dividends are excluded.

Yeah, for listed companies too.

That IPSE is still pushing for that is stupid. It was stupid that they asked in the first place. They know it isn't going to happen and I suspect they also realise that they shouldn't have asked because it looks like they want to distinguish between our businesses and other, "proper", businesses. Yeah, great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        PSCs aren't "excluded". Government handouts for profits not realised and associated dividends are excluded.

That IPSE is still pushing for that is stupid. It was stupid that they asked in the first place. They know it isn't going to happen and I suspect they also realise that they shouldn't have asked because it looks like they want to distinguish between our businesses and other, "proper", businesses. Yeah, great idea.
        But IPSE is the home of the FLC and by pushing for PSCs to be treated differently it actually justifies the existence of that rather stupid idea.
        Last edited by eek; 3 April 2020, 14:32.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep, just relaying / summarising what they said.

Sure they would be happy for you to register for the next call, and you can give them your views direct.

Comment

Originally posted by toastermoster View Post

Sure they would be happy for you to register for the next call, and you can give them your views direct.
            Oh, I listened. And Seethed.

Comment

Originally posted by toastermoster View Post

Why would I waste my time - I'm going for the adage of be careful what you wish for as it may come true - HMRC will allow the creation of FLC's force one person bands to use them and then tax them to the hilt.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yet they don't have a problem demanding tax for profits not yet realised either, end of January and balancing payment end July.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                  Yet they don't have a problem demanding tax for profits not yet realised either, end of January and balancing payment end July.
                  Which you have the opportunity to reduce via your SA (but will pay interest on if you're wrong) or will get the advance payments back (and I think can gain interest on) if HMRC are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Why would I waste my time - I'm going for the adage of be careful what you wish for as it may come true - HMRC will allow the creation of FLC's force one person bands to use them and then tax them to the hilt.
                    Fear and loathing in one sentence. Well done.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Which you have the opportunity to reduce via your SA (but will pay interest on if you're wrong) or will get the advance payments back (and I think can gain interest on) if HMRC are wrong.
                      The principle is the same no matter the mechanics 'profits not yet realised'.

Comment

Working...
                      X