• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCS - COVID-19 Risk Assessment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCS - COVID-19 Risk Assessment

Hi All
    I am currently working in the NHS. Myself and a few other contractors who all come from the same agency got an email on Wednesday that was along the lines of:

To continue in your current contract, you have to sign and reply the following: i accept and am aware i may be working in an area which may have Covid-19 or suspected or confirmed patients.

We were given a deadline of today to reply or else contract terminated.

We went back to the agency with a WTF is this tulipe and got mixed messages. Some agents said its due to new legislation (which we asked them to send to us), others said its just for the agency to keep on file.

We approached the end client directly who called the director of the agency and had a go.

Turns out if the agency follows the CCS (Crown Commercial Service) framework, this is something they need to have on file. According to the Director the agents may have 'worded' the email wrong and he will review.

I am working in the NHS, fully aware of the risks and have no issue signing this. My issue arises with them threatening my contract and giving my 2 days to comply.

Its all sorted for us now...just wondering for others working in the NHS, have you come across this?

Working...
X