Has anybody here furloughed themselves yet? Has anybody here furloughed themselves yet? - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Posts 131 to 133 of 133

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I get that there is no reason you can't from the wording but it's just a blatent piss take at the end of the day really. Claiming covid help when you've got a gig earning in the top 1% of population is just... Mehhhh
    As has been explained - this is an extraordinary situation where learning on your 1% money that you normally reserve for a dry spell won't be enough.

We'll still be losing money hand over fist, the CJRS just means there's a slightly smaller... fist. That and the mortgage holiday and payment deferrals are absolutely for us.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    As has been explained - this is an extraordinary situation where learning on your 1% money that you normally reserve for a dry spell won't be enough.

We'll still be losing money hand over fist, the CJRS just means there's a slightly smaller... fist. That and the mortgage holiday and payment deferrals are absolutely for us.
    I get that but without this going on we would have been stuck with going inside at some point. People have done it for ages. Taking a gig through a brolly is hardly the end of the world of scraping the barrel. It's something thats going to become the norm for us. So this idea we do something that's normal for us yet claim covid support as well.. You get me..
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I get that but without this going on we would have been stuck with going inside at some point. People have done it for ages. Taking a gig through a brolly is hardly the end of the world of scraping the barrel. It's something thats going to become the norm for us. So this idea we do something that's normal for us yet claim covid support as well.. You get me..
    If there were such gigs available, I'd probably take one and if the rate wasn't derisory, I wouldn't claim