£50K Interest Free Loan for 12 Months £50K Interest Free Loan for 12 Months - Page 3
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 326
  1. #21

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,147

    Default

    Use it to pay off Loan Charge (partially or in full), move to a brolly and then let the creditors wind the company up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  2. #22

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Use it to pay off Loan Charge (partially or in full), move to a brolly and then let the creditors wind the company up.
    I know this is a flippant suggestion, but the Loan Charge is a personal tax so you'd have to extract the loan funds from the company first.

    Perhaps transfer the funds to an offshore trust, who can lend it back to you, tax free, with a pinky-promise that you'll never need to pay it back (honest guv, search the documents, there's no word loan in there anywhere).
    Last edited by Paralytic; 28th April 2020 at 13:25.

  3. #23

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    I know this is a flippant suggestion, but the Loan Charge is a personal tax so you'd have to extract the loan funds from the company first.

    Perhaps transfer the funds to an offshore trust, who can lend it back to you, tax free, with a pinky-promise that you'll never need to pay it back (honest guv, search the documents, there's no word loan in there anywhere).
    Maybe you'll just have to pay yourself 50k salary and take the tax hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  4. #24

    Double Godlike!

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
    I know this is a flippant suggestion, but the Loan Charge is a personal tax so you'd have to extract the loan funds from the company first.

    Perhaps transfer the funds to an offshore trust, who can lend it back to you, tax free, with a pinky-promise that you'll never need to pay it back (honest guv, search the documents, there's no word loan in there anywhere).
    No, no, just pay it directly from YourCo and fake an invoice pretending you bought a very expensive desk and special chair for your achy back. Capitalise those then "lose" them - maybe fire or theft - and write off the assets so they can't be repossessed against your debts.

    Simples.

    EDIT: for bonus points, claim on your home insurance for the replacement value of said desk and chair

  5. #25

    Contractor Among Contractors

    BlueSharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Has anyone seen any details on this loan yet? Could one use it to expand their business, spend on staff, office costs & marketing etc?

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Has anyone seen any details on this loan yet? Could one use it to expand their business, spend on staff, office costs & marketing etc?
    Doesn't open until May 4, but why not? Even if there were a scope (there won't be), all of those you mention would clearly be within scope. There won't be any restrictions on how you spend it, providing you pay it back

  7. #27

    Contractor Among Contractors

    BlueSharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Doesn't open until May 4, but why not? Even if there were a scope (there won't be), all of those you mention would clearly be within scope. There won't be any restrictions on how you spend it, providing you pay it back
    Worth a punt especially if there is no director guarantee is required like many commercial loans these days and the interest rates are not ridicules. This time next year Rodders...

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Worth a punt especially if there is no director guarantee is required like many commercial loans these days and the interest rates are not ridicules. This time next year Rodders...
    Indeed, I’m investing in scooty tips


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSharp View Post
    Worth a punt especially if there is no director guarantee is required like many commercial loans these days and the interest rates are not ridicules. This time next year Rodders...
    Exactly, why not?

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Exactly, why not?
    This time next year we might be deed

    Especially fatso members
    Old members
    Old fat members

    Make hay


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •