• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£50K Interest Free Loan for 12 Months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 hours and it's in from Santander. Pretty impressive.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Starling bank is going to start offering bounce back loans on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
        Applied at Barclays and got it..was quite painless and quick, (note my personal credit rating is pretty awful).

Andy

It works only if: You are the only signatory in your account.

AFAIK no one who has had more than one signatory in their business account has even gone past the first page where you select your company name and click Nect.

They have got a big problem with their system to deal with more than one signatory. That is the truth, but they are unable to fix it. Absolutely shameful!!

There are more dodgy things going on there I think.
        All of my messages (including the one I wrote yesterday and their automated response to that) in the secure messaging system have all been deleted.
        I had 7 messages there altogether so far (as of last evening), and there are 0 now.

Anyway, I have had 3 chat messages (via iPad) from yesterday, and they are there (for now) in the chat logs.
        I have even asked one of the agents this morning to raise a complaint on them based on my issues I have raised in my chats on the BBL application issue.
        Looking to see what happens to that complaint.
        Last edited by CosmicWave; 7 May 2020, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicWave View Post
          It works only if: You are the only signatory in your account.

AFAIK no one who has had more than one signatory in their business account has even gone past the first page where you select your company name and click Nect.

They have got a big problem with their system to deal with more than one signatory. That is the truth, but they are unable to fix it. Absolutely shameful!!

There are more dodgy things going on there I think.
          All of my messages (including the one I wrote yesterday and their automated response to that) in the secure messaging system have all been deleted.
          I had 7 messages there altogether so far (as of last evening), and there are 0 now.

Anyway, I have had 3 chat messages (via iPad) from yesterday, and they are there (for now) in the chat logs.
          I have even asked one of the agents this morning to raise a complaint on them based on my issues I have raised in my chats on the BBL application issue.
          Looking to see what happens to that complaint.
          Does every transaction need two people to sign? Things like online DD applications are also complicated if you have to have two signatures.

I'm wondering if it's less about "how many signatories do you have on your account" and more about "can just one signatory sign on behalf of the account". Two very different things.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Does every transaction need two people to sign? Things like online DD applications are also complicated if you have to have two signatures.

I'm wondering if it's less about "how many signatories do you have on your account" and more about "can just one signatory sign on behalf of the account". Two very different things.
            I really don’t know which one. All I know is in my company we are two directors, me and my wife, and Barclays have recorded that fact there as per the KYC requirements.
            That is all to it.

From their standard error message, I am thinking that is what they are struggling with.
            Also many in their twitter account have reported that exact same issue with same 2 directors thing.

Baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicWave View Post
              I really don’t know which one. All I know is in my company we are two directors, me and my wife, and Barclays have recorded that fact there as per the KYC requirements.
              That is all to it.

From their standard error message, I am thinking that is what they are struggling with.
              Also many in their twitter account have reported that exact same issue with same 2 directors thing.

Baffling.
              Having more than one director is completely different to the number of signatories?

As you say, baffling.

Good luck!

Comment

Agonised over this a little bit - my work has very much petered off, but then I've not been hugely proactive because it just seems pointless at the moment.

But, from a business point of view, it seemed prudent to apply while one can. Thoroughly intend to pay the lot back within 12 months, but I'll sleep soundly knowing it's there and obviously it's better than getting a personal loan or something in future.

So, Bitcoin or AMD?

Comment

Applied at Barclays and got it..was quite painless and quick, (note my personal credit rating is pretty awful).

Andy
                  Are you going pay all your expensive credit/loans off and have a great rating for the next 12 months ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                    Are you going pay all your expensive credit/loans off and have a great rating for the next 12 months ?

EErr..no

Comment

EErr..no
                      But it’s free money !

Comment

Working...
                      X