• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£50K Interest Free Loan for 12 Months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    Why does the inside/outside IR35 thing have any relevance? If you don't think you'll be able to pay it back, don't borrow it?
    I am just pointing out how I see the HMRC may react - their logic has been flawed for some time. Of course if you think you won't be able to pay it back, don't take one!

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
      I am just pointing out how I see the HMRC may react - their logic has been flawed for some time.
      I don't think you've pointed out on what basis HMRC might claim a loan to a company could be regarded as disguised remuneration to a director/employee of that company. Flawed or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        I don't think you've pointed out on what basis HMRC might claim a loan to a company could be regarded as disguised remuneration to a director/employee of that company. Flawed or otherwise.
        I am sure they could come up with some ridiculous reason.

Comment

Anyone got this loan with bad credit and or with any do tech banks like Tide? Waiting for a lender that doesn’t require you to bank with them.

What did you also submit for trading history?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
            I am sure they could come up with some ridiculous reason.
            Give it a rest.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ihatebeingageek View Post
              Anyone got this loan with bad credit and or with any do tech banks like Tide? Waiting for a lender that doesn’t require you to bank with them.

What did you also submit for trading history?

Cheers
              Yes !. My personal credit rating is awful, but I got a business loan from Barclay (but I do bank with them), I dont believe they did a credit check.

Comment

The scheme does bypass a lot of the usual checking requirements IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The scheme does bypass a lot of the usual checking requirements IIRC
                  And no one will ever check what you use it for

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Impressed with Starling Bank - 3hr32min from application to cash in the company's account

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      And no one will ever check what you use it for

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      Well..surely its subject to usual ltd/hmrc rules now its in your account..my understanding is that it cant be used for dividends ?

Comment

Working...
                      X