• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ltd Company and Furlough Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    I think you missed my point.

Yes, you can run it through the LTD but it is not responsible as your employee runs company into debt. If I was a shareholder of such company I would report it.
    Erm right.. That's nice... Thanks..
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My accountant has told me this when I said I want to come out of furlough after the client messaged me to say they want me to do a handover for 1 to 2 days prior to terminating the contract:

"When you are furloughed, you should not be completing any work at all including looking for work (arranging to work), invoicing etc."

As I have been furloughed more than 3 weeks I do not see a problem, if necessary I can terminate the furlough as of the day prior to the official communication from the client,, then do that work then go back onto furlough again.

The invoicing point seems odd. I stopped work on contract on 20th March and raised the invoice on 3rd April. So it seems I cannot backdate my furlough claim to any time before that invoice
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Arranging to do the work shouldn't be done in furlough. The minute you spoken to the client, email or other you are off.

Oh.. Which is kinda what you said already.. Nvm

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
          My accountant has told me this when I said I want to come out of furlough after the client messaged me to say they want me to do a handover for 1 to 2 days prior to terminating the contract:

"When you are furloughed, you should not be completing any work at all including looking for work (arranging to work), invoicing etc."

As I have been furloughed more than 3 weeks I do not see a problem, if necessary I can terminate the furlough as of the day prior to the official communication from the client,, then do that work then go back onto furlough again.

The invoicing point seems odd. I stopped work on contract on 20th March and raised the invoice on 3rd April. So it seems I cannot backdate my furlough claim to any time before that invoice
          I personally think people are looking at this too technically. I can understand not working but "arranging to work" should not be the case to un-furlough oneself.

If a normal employee was furloughed and their managed called them to let them know they will be required to come back to work in 2 weeks, should they be removed from furlough from that point in time? I don't think so, unless someone has some guidance I've missed.

Comment

Originally posted by jamed View Post
            I personally think people are looking at this too technically. I can understand not working but "arranging to work" should not be the case to un-furlough oneself.

If a normal employee was furloughed and their managed called them to let them know they will be required to come back to work in 2 weeks, should they be removed from furlough from that point in time? I don't think so, unless someone has some guidance I've missed.
            But a contractors role includes selling, marketing and other activities as well as doing the role. Organising work is part of our work, it isn't for a permie.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              But a contractors role includes selling, marketing and other activities as well as doing the role. Organising work is part of our work, it isn't for a permie.
              Maybe, maybe not. We all know this is a bit of a grey area with a number of people debating that it's fine to look for another contract whilst on furlough and others saying it's not. There is no clear guidance for LtdCo contractors in this situation and personally don't think HMRC would come after anyone for attempting to find new work and stop relying on gov for furlough payments.

Could argue in this case it's the director's role who is arranging for his "employee" to wrap up the engagement correctly.

Comment

That's not part of a directors official responsibility.

Comment

Working...
                X