• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountants charging for furlough services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like an SJD trick this.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My accountant is also a money sucker. She wants to charge me for filing the claim on HMRC's CJRS portal! I didn't ask her how much she will charge me as I went ahead to file it by myself.

She also handed me a bill of £235 + VAT recently on a 20 minute call I had with her back in Nov! I didn't even aware that I have to pay her just to clarify a few things on my accounts!

Comment

I didn't get an end of the month payment, so I'm guessing that while Nixon Williams are doing it for free, they're not doing it 'on time', or perhaps, at all...

Business as usual
        Last edited by PerfectStorm; 1 May 2020, 07:46.
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          I didn't get an end of the month payment, so I'm guessing that while Nixon Williams are doing it for free, they're not doing it 'on time', or perhaps, at all...

Business as usual
          Unless they "accidentally" paid it into their own account.

I managed to get mine paid out a few days ago. It really makes a difference not relying on the accountants to do it. I am with dynamo btw.

Comment

Originally posted by jamed View Post
            Unless they "accidentally" paid it into their own account.

I managed to get mine paid out a few days ago. It really makes a difference not relying on the accountants to do it. I am with dynamo btw.
            There is some irony there is there not?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by katdan View Post
              My accountant is also a money sucker. She wants to charge me for filing the claim on HMRC's CJRS portal! I didn't ask her how much she will charge me as I went ahead to file it by myself.

She also handed me a bill of £235 + VAT recently on a 20 minute call I had with her back in Nov! I didn't even aware that I have to pay her just to clarify a few things on my accounts!
              Just did a claim on the HMRc portal, it took maybe 3 minutes, how an accountant has the nerve to charge for this..yes I guess there are some calculations of Payroll but again this is very simple...especially easy if you are paying £719 and thus no Ni and no PAYE.

Comment

I had the luxury of working with most of the accounting firms as suppliers before I chose who I would use.

There are plenty of good ones out there, why stick with a bad one?
                https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
                  Just did a claim on the HMRc portal, it took maybe 3 minutes, how an accountant has the nerve to charge for this..yes I guess there are some calculations of Payroll but again this is very simple...especially easy if you are paying £719 and thus no Ni and no PAYE.
                  Did the same... for once it appears the gov has set up a system them at works...

God knows who is going to pay it all back tho.......

Dont pay an accountant to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    Technically you were not furloughed then.....
                    "Managing payroll and PAYE" is part of Director's statutory duties? According to this page it is ... not sure how reliable that source is ... Duties and responsibilities of limited company directors and secretaries

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Sounds like an SJD trick this.
                    SJD are offering the service to us and have not said there is a fee.
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Quicksand View Post

God knows who is going to pay it all back tho.......
                      We all will as tax payers... for the rest of our lives probably
                      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                      X