• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor furlough - PAYE query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jake1000 View Post
    Thanks - I understand now

You might want to see this regarding calculation
    Xero vs HMRC furlough calculation | AccountingWEB
    Ouch !.. that looks painful, Ill have a look. But I havnt seen an HMRC calculator yet, I started going through the CJRS process but it just accepts raw numbers (youve already pre-calculated), but Ill poke about n see if there is a calculator.

Just found it but oddly it only allows you to calculate 2 weeks worth, (when entering end date it says it must be max 14 days from start date, this makes no sense, why not 3 weeks or a full month ?)
    Last edited by andydd68; 7 May 2020, 16:33.

Comment

Originally posted by andydd68 View Post
      Ouch !.. that looks painful, Ill have a look. But I havnt seen an HMRC calculator yet, I started going through the CJRS process but it just accepts raw numbers (youve already pre-calculated), but Ill poke about n see if there is a calculator.

Just found it but oddly it only allows you to calculate 2 weeks worth, (when entering end date it says it must be max 14 days from start date, this makes no sense, why not 3 weeks or a full month ?)
      Here is the link
      Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme calculator - Job Retention Scheme calculator - GOV.UK

Go by this - at least its HMRC's

Comment

Originally posted by Jake1000 View Post
        Just used the HMRC one and its not easy coz it only allows 2 weeks in advance..but after some fiddling about it does appear correct.

Result from HMRC is £575.20, - 80% of 719 (I told it Ive already been Furloughed n Im claiming a whole months worth).

In Xero I get £573.33, this is working on a hypothetical payslip for June (to get a whole month of furlough, instead of Mays partial one)...so Im happy with that.

Looking at it, seems a difference in the way it treats Bank Holiday pay, re-did it and Im confident its all correct.

Pay period end date Furlough amount (80% of pay)
        8 April 2020 £575.20 - A full month
        7 May 2020 £436.36 - Furlough starting today (8th), so your figure will be close to this ?. Add £68 - 2 x £34 ?
        Last edited by andydd68; 8 May 2020, 13:01.

Comment

Working...
        X