• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spot the furloughed umbrella contractor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot the furloughed umbrella contractor?

Any umbrella contractor out there been furloughed? I can’t find one. Latest reason Umbrella’s giving for not furloughing is the HMRC have set criteria saying only employees whose assignment has been terminated for Covid-19 can be furloughed. So those that meet all the criteria e.g. employment, PAYE and RTI submission that can’t be placed on assignment due to Covid-19 will not be furloughed. Umbrella’s and their professional body the FCSA have been awful and useless.

Originally posted by eeldome View Post
    the FCSA have been awful and useless.
    That's what happens with money making cartels. They are now the mouth piece for an industry in tatters. If they had a bad rep before I can't imagine what it's going to be like after. Their recommendation isn't going to be worth squat.. or shouldn't be. Be interesting to see if they will take action against the brollies that didn't do what they are supposed to or just take their money and keep quiet.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Danbro is.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Danbro is.
        Apparently... We've only PCs word in this so far and he appears a little.. Erm.. Different at the moment.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Apparently... We've only PCs word in this so far and he appears a little.. Erm.. Different
          FTFY

Comment

Find fairer IR35 & CV19 clients, agents & brollys. OffPayroll.org.uk now has reviews of brollys, ones that have and havnt furloughed contractors, some big names are getting some awful reviews that Im sure people will remember when all this blows over

Comment

Working...
            X