• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bounce back tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You personally owe the company money, so not as easy to walk away from the company and its debt.
    Especially if one arranges wo/men in suits to extract the debt from oneself

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
      50K lasts a long time in retirement in Thailand / Vietnam

Just saying like

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
      Maybe it does, but unless you take it out as salary, you would still be required to either service the loan until paid (and after 12 months interest is due as well) or pay back the loan before you closed the company.

If you think the UK Gov can't touch you in Thailand you are sorely mistaken

Similarly I can't see £50K lasting more than 3 years in Thailand having spenf a lot of time there working - yes a Thai can live on less but a "farang" with all the double-pricing etc. would really struggle to live on £16K a year for any length of time (unless you really like squalour)

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
        Maybe it does, but unless you take it out as salary, you would still be required to either service the loan until paid (and after 12 months interest is due as well) or pay back the loan before you closed the company.

If you think the UK Gov can't touch you in Thailand you are sorely mistaken

Similarly I can't see £50K lasting more than 3 years in Thailand having spenf a lot of time there working - yes a Thai can live on less but a "farang" with all the double-pricing etc. would really struggle to live on £16K a year for any length of time (unless you really like squalour)
        I am pretty sure it was just a joke.

Most people here are contractors earning 100-150k+ a year (200k+ a year technically to qualify for 50k loan), probably not gonna take 50k and go on the run lol.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
          Especially if one arranges wo/men in suits to extract the debt from oneself
          Tarby can give you some tips on where to find such people if needed

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Tarby can give you some tips on where to find such people if needed
            £50K would last me about 6 weeks in Thailand anyhoo

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
            X