• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Westminter child abuse enquiry cover up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    She's the sister of Thatcher's Attorney General, it seems. I think we all know how I feel about that gang of thugs.

So which should I be more concerned about when considering her fitness for the job: her brother's activities, or her husband's?

Or are we now allowed to judge a woman on her own merits, given that it's 2014 and they're allowed to vote and own property and all kinds of tulip like that?
    She also sits in the House of Lords so she'll be investigating her fellow old fuddy duddies and decently charming old chaps that enjoy a Pimms or two and then again:

Brother of paedophile inquiry judge was accused of 'cover up' - Telegraph

How the Establishment hid the monster in their midst | Mail Online

They should have appointed a sitting judge who can use legal powers to call up witnesses but nope...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      More concerning, abuse is probably
      still going on today. The system will be protected.
      +1. Expect some information, probably about MPs that died many years ago, to come out usually the day after a terrorist attack. The allegations about the living will probably never come to light, sadly.

qh
      Last edited by quackhandle; 9 July 2014, 12:02.
      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

BBC News - Butler-Sloss: I won't quit as head of abuse inquiry

But Labour's Simon Danczuk said her position was tainted because her late brother, Sir Michael Havers, was Attorney General in the 1980s.

I will send an email to him later. A politician who will stand up for what is right - what a star.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Thatcher freed up industry from the shackles of Union and government control. The UK was virtually a communist country on the edge of bankruptcy. Companies were forced to compete in markets as opposed to being government run monopolies. The drivers of the contractor boom were the banks and the energy companies who were forced to invest in technology in order to compete in what were to become global markets.

I am surprised I need to explain this to you.
          Oh that's right, there are no public sector contractors..

Comment

Thatcher freed up industry from the shackles of Union and government control. The UK was virtually a communist country on the edge of bankruptcy. Companies were forced to compete in markets as opposed to being government run monopolies. The drivers of the contractor boom were the banks and the energy companies who were forced to invest in technology in order to compete in what were to become global markets.

I am surprised I need to explain this to you.
            Looking at British Leyland, the management wrecked the company far more than the unions. The Italian Job found they were most unhelful. The professionals were forced to turn to Ford.

The issue was alot of hangers on (then called management) doing nothing except sponging.

Now we call them recruitment agents. They can't even be bothered to look after their kids when they go on holiday thus exposing them to celebrities.....

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              Oh that's right, there are no public sector contractors..

The public sector was not the driver of the contractor market your point is utterly irrelevant
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The public sector was not the driver of the contractor market your point is utterly irrelevant
                In which case you should be able to grasp it.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  In which case you should be able to grasp it.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Looking at British Leyland, the management wrecked the company far more than the unions. The Italian Job found they were most unhelful. The professionals were forced to turn to Ford.

The issue was alot of hangers on (then called management) doing nothing except sponging.

Now we call them recruitment agents. They can't even be bothered to look after their kids when they go on holiday thus exposing them to celebrities.....
                    I am not sure what point you are trying to make about recruitment consultants but the problem with BL was that there was no competitive market for manufacturing and selling cars. If there had been bad management would have been weeded out by the markets.

Comment

The computer/internet age was the driver, anyone who thinks different is deluded..

Comment

Working...
                      X