• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Westminter child abuse enquiry cover up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPs claimed expenses for children’s home visits

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      [/url][/SIZE]

She's the sister of Thatcher's Attorney General, it seems. I think we all know how I feel about that gang of thugs.
      Indeed. The very same ones that freed up capitalism to enable people like you to enrich yourselves
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Indeed. The very same ones that freed up capitalism to enable people like you to enrich yourselves
        Nick earns money through his own labour, not through capital.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          Nick earns money through his own labour, not through capital.
          He earns the amount he earns because he is free to engage in open markets and sell his services to whoever he wishes at a price that is determined by the markets. This is by virtue of the forces of capitalism which has an entirely different meaning to the word "capital". His freedom to sell his services in a market driven economy is entirely down to what he refers to as Thatchers bunch of thugs. I smell hypocrisy.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

He earns the amount he earns because he is free to engage in open markets and sell his services to whoever he wishes at a price that is determined by the markets. This is by virtue of the forces of capitalism which has an entirely different meaning to the word "capital". His freedom to sell his services in a market driven economy is entirely down to what he refers to as Thatchers bunch of thugs. I smell hypocrisy.
            What about those who were doing that before thatcher came to power?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You mean entrepreneurship and trade, not capitalism.

HTH
              The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

The reality is that this kind of stuff cannot effectively be fixed because the abuse is being committed by those in power, indeed by those who are the most powerful. It doesn't make sense to say we can exercise control over those who are the "most powerful" because they are (by definition) more powerful than us.

Sure we could make ourselves somehow more powerful than them, but then whoever then leads us will then become the "most powerful", free to commit whatever abuses or perversions they want to, and they'll get away with it because they are at the top of the tree.

Comment

So you think there was no business or rich people before Thatcher came, the UK was a communist state before her? You give her too much credit, globalization and technological advances create the benefits .

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    What about those who were doing that before thatcher came to power?
                    I think they are both in old people's homes

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
                      So you think there was no business or rich people before Thatcher came, the UK was a communist state before her? You give her too much credit, globalization and technological advances create the benefits .
                      Thatcher freed up industry from the shackles of Union and government control. The UK was virtually a communist country on the edge of bankruptcy. Companies were forced to compete in markets as opposed to being government run monopolies. The drivers of the contractor boom were the banks and the energy companies who were forced to invest in technology in order to compete in what were to become global markets.

I am surprised I need to explain this to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X