• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apparently there is a public sector strike going on...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Good job you are not a lawyer and even better that you are not in a position to try and understand politics
    Instead of (badly) attempting to put someone down why don't you have a discussion with them? Oh and Mitch has an advantage over you he has had to live in and understand two different Western democratic systems.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Instead of (badly) attempting to put someone down why don't you have a discussion with them? Oh and Mitch has an advantage over you he has had to live in and understand two different Western democratic systems.
      Good point. I have lost the argument and resorted to slinging insults - I think Mitch has gathered this.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Because he's a vacuous two bit pimp.
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          Because he's a vacuous two bit pimp.
          Is that one bit for each western democracy he has lived in?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

When I was a permie I never took part in these one day strikes as they are a waste of timeand serve no purpose except give the right wing an opportunity go on about lazy selfish featherbedded tea drinking blah blah and lose a day's pay. Plus I would only haveto do the work another day. I reckon this one is mostly teachers and the reason is not so much pay as the absolutly tulipty way they are treated these days. Im jolly glad I never went into teaching, regardless of the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
              When I was a permie I never took part in these one day strikes as they are a waste of timeand serve no purpose except give the right wing an opportunity go on about lazy selfish featherbedded tea drinking blah blah and lose a day's pay.
              Were you in a union that voted to strike?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It'll all blow over as the government will continue to use DA's favourite word, privatisation, and then the right wing can't complain about them being on strike as they'll no longer be public servants...Privatised fire and rescue services: Secret Government plans to sell off 46 fire and rescue services revealed - Mirror Online

(+ It won't work though as privatisation of public services is slowly being shown to cost the taxpayer more and provide less service )
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  It'll all blow over as the government will continue to use DA's favourite word, privatisation, and then the right wing can't complain about them being on strike as they'll no longer be public servants...Privatised fire and rescue services: Secret Government plans to sell off 46 fire and rescue services revealed - Mirror Online

(+ It won't work though as privatisation of public services is slowly being shown to cost the taxpayer more and provide less service )
                  I am for whatever works - private, public or a combination of the two

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
                    When I was a permie I never took part in these one day strikes as they are a waste of timeand serve no purpose except give the right wing an opportunity go on about lazy selfish featherbedded tea drinking blah blah and lose a day's pay. Plus I would only haveto do the work another day. I reckon this one is mostly teachers and the reason is not so much pay as the absolutly tulipty way they are treated these days. Im jolly glad I never went into teaching, regardless of the holidays.
                    Perhaps if teachers were any good they would be paid better

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      Perhaps if teachers were any good they would be paid better
                      They are already very good. Would you swap with them?

And however good they are makes no difference to how much they are paid.

The only public sector who are overpaid are MPs

Comment

Working...
                      X