• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Good, the Bad and the Ukulele

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Doesn't the ukulele have an old fashioned image?

I always associated it with the 1930's comedian George Formby, who was a favourite of my grandfather's

On the other hand maybe it's me wot's old fashioned
    That's the ukulele banjo you're thinking of.

Comment

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Get two, and learn with her.
        Originally posted by cojak View Post
        +1.

Good duet here

Last edited by DaveB; 12 July 2014, 20:02.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well, the Uke is here. And the tuner. And the book thing. Unfortunately, I'm having to do as much learning as her in order to be able to explain stuff. Bah. I'm not following the instructions too well (first up is Rivers of Babylon but can i f* get the notes to sound anything like).

So i've had a little think, found me a youtube demo of Duelling Banjo's, and after an hour i've got something vaguely recognisable as a tune out of the thing. I'm quite pleased with myself, so thanks for all your input guys. I'm sure the little one will do me proud if she can master that for the first day of term

Fingers hurt now though - i'm gonna bathe them in alcohol. I reckon a litre of scrumpy ought to do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Well, the Uke is here. And the tuner. And the book thing. Unfortunately, I'm having to do as much learning as her in order to be able to explain stuff. Bah. I'm not following the instructions too well (first up is Rivers of Babylon but can i f* get the notes to sound anything like).

So i've had a little think, found me a youtube demo of Duelling Banjo's, and after an hour i've got something vaguely recognisable as a tune out of the thing. I'm quite pleased with myself, so thanks for all your input guys. I'm sure the little one will do me proud if she can master that for the first day of term

Fingers hurt now though - i'm gonna bathe them in alcohol. I reckon a litre of scrumpy ought to do the trick.
            Lured to the dark side....well then, you are lost !!
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Lured to the dark side....well then, you are lost !!
              Don't worry, i've laid a trail of breadcrumbs.... Any other suggestions for beginners type tunes?

Comment

Just bought one as well, actually for Frau D. (part of her belated birthday presents), a Peavey one:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I just bought a Rickenbacker 360/12 WB, 24 fret neck, toaster pickups, from USA.

Comment

Working...
                  X