• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merged threads discussing Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    The Israelis want peace. they have a civilised democratic system of government and a modern economy. They do not want war. Gaza could become a prosperous city with all the subsidies it could get if it wanted peace. The Palestinians want a state of permanent war. The Israelis do not.
    Wow. Thank you for that explanation. I thought this was a highly complex political problem but you have summarised it in such a simple way that anyone could understand it.

Do you work for the Daily Mail or something?
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Fact is that people are profiting from this war.

And until that stops the war will not stop.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        You know as well as anyone that they would not. The problem you lot have with this is that it undermines your twisted moral equivalence view of the arab israeli conflict. The Israelis want peace. they have a civilised democratic system of government and a modern economy. They do not want war. Gaza could become a prosperous city with all the subsidies it could get if it wanted peace. The Palestinians want a state of permanent war. The Israelis do not.
        I wonder if you would care to address the matter of illegal settlements in your considered analysis?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          I wonder if you would care to address the matter of illegal settlements in your considered analysis?
          Not really sure us in the UK with our culture of pikeys putting up caravans where they want and terrorising the local population can really start to bang on about illiegal settlements.....

??

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Not really sure us in the UK with our culture of pikeys putting up caravans where they want and terrorising the local population can really start to bang on about illiegal settlements.....

??
            I do believe that you are not really sure.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Non-Jews in Israel are de facto second-class citizens. The arab towns in Israel lack some basic facilities, like a health centre. The police treat arabs poorly, there are many cases of police beatings of arabs. Many many cases of 'Price Tag' attacks with zero arrests. Arabs have the right to vote, not much more really.
              Not just Arabs. There was a case where some extremist orthodox Jews sent a parcel bomb to the home of a Christian missionary couple (both Israeli citizens), which severely injured their teenage son. It wasn't until the US started putting political pressure on Israel that it was properly investigated.

But still, in Israel, you've at least some recourse to the law. The murderers who blew up the Christian bookshop and its proprietor, in Gaza, still haven't been brought to justice.

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              Wow. Thank you for that explanation. I thought this was a highly complex political problem but you have summarised it in such a simple way that anyone could understand it.
              I can make it simpler:

Palestinians good.
              Israelis baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                Non-Jews in Israel are de facto second-class citizens. The arab towns in Israel lack some basic facilities, like a health centre. The police treat arabs poorly, there are many cases of police beatings of arabs. Many many cases of 'Price Tag' attacks with zero arrests. Arabs have the right to vote, not much more really.
                Absolute bollocks.

Have you ever been to Israel, or the West Bank (I have)?
                Have you ever seen the state medical facilities which are open to all (I have)?

"Arab Towns" - this is a massive generalisation and is not true. As an example, Tel-Aviv Yaffo (Jaffa). I hesitate to use this to counter your argument, since it is the exact opposite? Perhaps the Arab town that you refer to are towns that choose not to integrate are the same as settler towns in the West Bank, who choose to settle in Palestinian territory? Both settled by deluded fools.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

This all started when 3 Israeli youths were abducted in the West bank and as a response the Isrealis sent in hundreds of soldiers, ransacking hundreds of homes and arresting hundreds of Palestinians.

Surely after the abduction of a Palestinian youth, the Israelis should allow Palestinians into the settlement to ransack all the settlers homes and arrest a couple of hundred settlers.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Israel is a forced state put bang in the middle of mainly Arab/Muslim countries. Maybe a better plan would have been one of the US states could have been given to the Jews. They would be more welcome there.

Comment

What Israel is doing is not far off genocide though, blowing up innocent children is not on.

Comment

Working...
                      X