• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merged threads discussing Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    what land was illegally taken?
    According to international law, if you are attacked and then drive the attackers deep into their own land, you have to withdraw to your national borders.

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I'm just pointing out that NaT seems to have a very selective historical perspective, depending on the argument he's trying to make.
    No - I'm selecting specific historical facts in order to support the argument I'm making. This is a normal technique of debate.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

what land was illegally taken?
      You have no idea at all do you.

Let's start with the land stated as illegally occupied in the United Nations resolutions. Of course, you may think that the UN is wrong and you are right and that is your prerogative.
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post

Let's start with the land stated as illegally occupied in the United Nations resolutions. Of course, you may think that the UN is wrong and you are right and that is your prerogative.
        Dodgy an NAT don't think silly things like facts are important they just spout what they've been told/read in some blog or article.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Dodgy an NAT don't think silly things like facts are important they just spout what they've been told/read in some blog or article.

At least we argue the point whereas you smear and spout your bigotry through one liners and cliches.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post

Israel is a sovereign state recognised as such by the UN and over 90% of the worlds remaining sovereign states. If I have no idea then nor do all the countries who have Israeli embassies in their countries or vice versa
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

At least we argue the point whereas you smear and spout your bigotry through one liners and cliches.
              "The death toll passed 160 on Sunday on the Palestinian side, with no Israeli fatalities reported"

The above is a fact, you quote some blog who goes on about lefties hypocrisy, I deal in facts.

Comment

"The death toll passed 160 on Sunday on the Palestinian side, with no Israeli fatalities reported"

The above is a fact, you quote some blog who goes on about lefties hypocrisy, I deal in facts.
                Well done you know what a fact is

Perhaps now you can suggest what the Israelis should have done.

here let me help:

Surrendered themselves to Hamas
                Just leave the Palestinians alone and let them continue bombing Israel
                Paid them Insurance money
                Spanked their bottoms and tell them not to be so naughty
                Killed just one person in retaliation
                killed 2 people in retaliation
                Do what they are doing now
                Wipe out the entire Palestinian population

perhaps you have your own suggestion. I would imagine that you haven't got the first idea. All you see is Israel as a whipping boy to make you feel better about yourself.

Comment

Can never make up my mind on this issue.

I have no doubt that even if Israel made huge concessions, if they gave up the West Bank and allowed a Palestinian state, this conflict would not end. There are too many in the Arab/Islamic world who would not stop until Israel ceased to exist.

On the other hand, if some foreign occupier had given away parts of Britain in the last hundred years to accommodate the ancestors of ancient Britons who lived here 2000 years ago I might feel as they do.

The British Empire caused many problems but the creation of Israel was by far the daftest.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Well done you know what a fact is

Perhaps now you can suggest what the Israelis should have done.

here let me help:

Surrendered themselves to Hamas
                    Just leave the Palestinians alone and let them continue bombing Israel
                    Paid them Insurance money
                    Spanked their bottoms and tell them not to be so naughty
                    Killed just one person in retaliation
                    killed 2 people in retaliation
                    Do what they are doing now
                    Wipe out the entire Palestinian population

perhaps you have your own suggestion. I would imagine that you haven't got the first idea. All you see is Israel as a whipping boy to make you feel better about yourself.
                    Israel should start discussions to give back illegally occupied land and guarantee no more illegal settlements which is the root cause of the fighting. In an ideal world I would prefer that the Jewish population moved to a more welcoming place, perhaps in the USA, but due to their crazy religious beliefs that will never happen as they believe they have a god given right to be there, regardless of how much carnage it causes.

Comment

Israel should start discussions to give back illegally occupied land and guarantee no more illegal settlements which is the root cause of the fighting.
                      It is not the root cause of the conflict. Having said that Israel have managed to sneak in a land grab under the cover of Hamas aggression. had the land grab been the reason for the conflict then the Israelis would not have done it. the biggest problem is that Hamas have no democratic mandate and their agenda is as much about retaining power for themselves than it is about looking after the Palestinian people. Having a common enemy that can be provoked unites the people and ensures that they accept the poverty and totalitarianism of Hamas. Until Hamas are brought down and replaced by a democratic government there will be no peace in Israel.

Quite why you think we should tolerate intolerance from Arab countries in allowing a Christian state to exist within the close proximity of their lands is utterly feeble. In condemning this we are encouraging apartheid, racial bigotry and totalitarianism. We should not apologise for spreading the message of democracy across the world and telling states like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Egypt etc that their societies are rotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X