• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please God...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    They may have been good at fighting and building technology, but they made bad strategic decisions and lost. How does that make them "VERY good at war"?

That and it was clearly a tongue in cheek comment, though I should have probably known better with the perpetual pissing contest that goes on here.
    There, there, don't cry. It's far too early in the week.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
      There, there, don't cry. It's far too early in the week.
      Monday is my crying day.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Clearly you never actually studied WW1 or, especially, WW2 at school because the Germans were VERY good at war in those encounters.

The best team won, which is all I hoped for. Shame it wasn't more prolific but at least it ended without the artificialness of penalties.
        Gassing million of innocent people is "Good at war" in your eyes? Also invading Russia when your already committed to fighting on the western front is not a great move either.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          Gassing million of innocent people is "Good at war" in your eyes?
          Using the holocaust to try and score points on an internet forum seems in poor taste even by your low trolling standards.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Quite, d00000000000000000gh. Not relevant to the good/bad at war argument.

Dunno why people are going on about WW2 anyway, it was 70 years ago. Our current conflict/tension is with the stinky Argies. Well done Germany!
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Using the holocaust to try and score points on an internet forum seems in poor taste even by your low trolling standards.
              How am I "using" the holocaust? It happened during WWII as part of the war.

Comment

I deny the holocaust was part of WW2, it merely happened at the same time under the same person's rule. Surely the war was foreign policy and the holocaust domestic policy.

And please don't make the obvious misquote
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X