• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benched also for the 1st time in 3 and a half years and am not looking for a contract until Sept. If I'm still benched at Xmas I'll start flapping but family time and studying for the next couple of months for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      I'm hoping I've done the right thing, but my permie friends and family aren't necessarily getting it.

I handed in my notice on Friday, and sacked the nanny today. I'm going to have a few months off with my son and get my priorities straight.

That more than deserves a work to live, not live to work!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
        Well done, I am very jealous.
        I wouldn't mind the summer off myself, but I've been renewed until end of Sep.
        No doubt, I will be taking the winter off.
        I am in the same boat, I know I could have not taken the extension but its so closer to home I see the kids every night it seems daft refusing their money until they realise they don't need me anymore
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I am in the same boat, I know I could have not taken the extension but its so closer to home I see the kids every night it seems daft refusing their money until they realise they don't need me anymore
          You'll have retired before that happens.

And to MP - good decision. When I was last in that boat I discovered it was jealousy and misunderstanding about how the industry worked that resulted in the comments...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm hoping I've done the right thing, but my permie friends and family aren't necessarily getting it.

I handed in my notice on Friday, and sacked the nanny today. I'm going to have a few months off with my son and get my priorities straight.

Been out of work for 24 hours now.

Bloody scrounging benefits single mums, layabout scum. Makes you mad.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Thanks people. I've spent five years sacrificing the present for our future, and figured I might have been wrong to do so.

I will PM you in a couple of months PC...
              In 3 months, you'll have wasted 13x £73 = £949 mind by not claiming. Possibly even more dependent on your personal circumstances). This is just the non-means tested bit.

When you claim, tell them you know me ;-)
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                In 3 months, you'll have wasted 13x £73 = £949 mind by not claiming. Possibly even more dependent on your personal circumstances). This is just the non-means tested bit.

I thought that Job Seekers Allowance was paid to those who were seeking a job. Do you claim when you aren't even looking?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Isn't it taxed? Even if you stop paying yourself from your LTD it means reserves build up which get taxed coming out? So not quite a whopping 949 for three months..
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I have saved enough to live for more than long enough. Zero intention of claiming. Each to their own, but the morals of doing so wouldn't sit great with me.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Sounds like a plan. Kid will probably be driving you mad before a fortnight is up though!

Comment

Working...
                      X