• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Evening Standard. Only one in five white Britons votes for Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Evening Standard. Only one in five white Britons votes for Labour

Only one in five white Britons votes for Labour - Politics - News - London Evening Standard

What we’re seeing is the emergence of cultural politics...voters seem to want to vote for parties that they feel understand and like them and shun parties they think don’t fit the bill.”
    A depressing prospect but inevitable?

It won't be long before the headline will be: "Only one in five Britons are white"

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      It won't be long before the headline will be: "Only one in five Britons are white"
      Presumably by then the majority opinion will be that this is a good thing. In my home it's already true.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How is white defined?

Comment

Its not colour that bothers me. Its people off other religions(well religion) who want to enforce their religion on the UK. They are quite entitled to their own belief. But not to enforce it on others.

However, if the report is true(who trusts the ES? - the are in the same stable as the Wail), Labour wants to be very careful it does not become a party of non-whites. Most people are stupid and are easily swayed by this stuff - yet they are still allowed to vote. This can snowball quickly. Look at Yugoslavia. Until Tito's death a civilized country. 2 years later it became Dante's inferno. My brother went there with the Paras - a hell hole would be an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
            Only one in five white Britons votes for Labour - Politics - News - London Evening Standard
            What we’re seeing is the emergence of cultural politics...voters seem to want to vote for parties that they feel understand and like them and shun parties they think don’t fit the bill.”
            A depressing prospect but inevitable?
            That's how politics works. The guy with the most popular ideas gets in. This can't be news can it? Leave aside whether it's a good idea to be voting for things which are good for 'you' as an individual rather than for the broader benefit of society (though how an individual perceives that broader benefit is of course subjective) which is a separate argument. The basic idea is that whichever party convinces the most voters that they are the best choice gets to form the government.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                In my current team of 8 there are 6 Indians, a Latin(Italian/Argentinian) and me. And we all get along great.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  In my current team of 8 there are 6 Indians, a Latin(Italian/Argentinian) and me. And we all get along great.
                  Not much to worry about then?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

In my current team of 8 there are 6 Indians, a Latin(Italian/Argentinian) and me. And we all get along great
                    Don't doubt it, there were many people of all ethnicities in places I worked at too and we never had any problems. However, I don't think that the relatively small number of highly educated people that contractors work with are a guide to anything. It is the far greater numbers of low income, poorly educated people that are the concern, they are less able and inclined to adapt to our own culture and more likely to attribute all problems to discrimination.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X