• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Iraq had zero sectarianism before the US invasion to the point that intermarriage was no issue. Most families were mixed Sunni/Shia. Yes there was some sectarianism caused by the US policies and trying to create that through the political system it forced onto Iraq. To prove this is a political rather than a religious struggle you just need to look to Palestine where they are 100% sunni and yet they are only supported by nearly 100% shia Iran. Go figure

You also ignored the point I was making. You made no mention of Sunni/Shia conflict, you said the people only understand force.
    Sectarianism existed there for hundreds of years, it was just not an issue under Saddam because it was replace with equal oppression dictatorship in which Sunni had preferences in power structures, which is why Shias took revenge for all those years of oppression , it’s never ending cycle there

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      No it's not, haven't you listened and read anything over the last 18 years?
      The problem in the Middle East is Iran, always has been, always will be. Foreigners and Saudi Arabia are 100% blameless and innocent. All the people involved in 9/11 can be traced back to Iran, it's just so hush-hush that we aren't allowed to know about it. Yemenis are killing themselves, there's no evidence of UK and US supplied arms being used on children, that's just fake news.

Get with the program!
      What I mean to say is that media can present the different sides, I'm not an absolutist. However, the overall truth isn't changed by the odd post stating "Foot print of Iranian style boot suggests they were involved in providing arms to proxy forces"
      Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 7 January 2020, 13:53.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Sectarianism existed there for hundreds of years, it was just not an issue under Saddam because it was replace with equal oppression dictatorship in which Sunni had preferences in power structures, which is why Shias took revenge for all those years of oppression , it’s never ending cycle there
        Well I've been to Baghdad and have friends working there. You speak utter nonsense which bears no resemblance to the reality on the ground.

Comment

it’s never ending cycle there

Exacerbated by foreign interventions done for short term financial gain.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've no problem with saying that 15+ years ago, EFPs were coming from Iran.

I can't believe that you're obsessed with Iran suddenly being the source of all evil and Saudi Arabia being the source of all good.
            Where did I say Saudi is source of all good?

Saudi Arabia is an oppressive barbaric country, more modern compared to Iran, but still pretty barbaric - but at least they got some brains on top of oil, unlike Iran - also oil but no brains.

Comment

Exacerbated by foreign interventions done for short term financial gain.
              Oil innit?

West can’t afford to lose 13 mln barrels per day, so if Iran wants to stay in stone age, then it’s fine as long as they don’t drag there everybody else around them

Comment

Where did I say Saudi is source of all good?

Saudi Arabia is an oppressive barbaric country, more modern compared to Iran, but still pretty barbaric - but at least they got some brains on top of oil, unlike Iran - also oil but no brains.
                You will find the Iranians are the most educated and intellectually advanced Muslim nation. It's either because you haven't met Iranians, haven't been there, studied their modern and ancient history or a combination of all the above. They have managed to hurt the US more than any other global power and really rub them up the wrong way - Good on them.

Comment

Well I've been to Baghdad and have friends working there. You speak utter nonsense which bears no resemblance to the reality on the ground.
                  Are you a child?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

You will find the Iranians are the most educated and intellectually advanced Muslim nation. It's either because you haven't met Iranians, haven't been there, studied their modern and ancient history or a combination of all the above.
                    It’s their Govt that’s the problem - just like many Soviets were nice on their own, but when Govt directed them to do evil things they did, after some time it reflects back to whole nation.

Comment

It’s their Govt that’s the problem - just like many Soviets were nice on their own, but when Govt directed them to do evil things they did, after some time it reflects back to whole nation.
                      Their government is the smartest/bravest of the lot. The only country currently standing up to the hegemony and tyranny of the US. Long may that continue and I look forwards to their response of self-defence. If you actually believed the media telling you they are not popular then just look at the sea of millions coming out for their warrior war hero.

Comment

Working...
                      X