• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Assad is defeated, and Syria is carved up in some way then Israel could benefit by (a) grabbing the Golan Heights and (b) shipping Palestinians up there to vacate their currently occupied territories and replace Syrian refugees, perhaps even creating a Palestinian state.

I don't have any opinion one way or another about all this, just thinking aloud.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Anyone catch the UN thingy yesterday?

Thoughts? Opinions? Insults? Handbags?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Neocons seem to be very upset with Obama...

Obama, Putin sharply disagree over chaos in Syria | Fox News

This is brilliant:

“I have great respect for my colleagues – the US President, as well as the French – but they are, as far as I know, are not citizens of the Syrian Republic, and therefore [it is] unlikely [that they] should be involved in determining the fate of another state’s management,”
        https://www.rt.com/news/316832-putin...-unga-meeting/
        Last edited by Jog On; 29 September 2015, 10:40.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

"Another state's mis-management" might be more accurate. Where that state is causing a refugee crisis, and it's citizens are calling for help, and surrounding countries are being overwhelmed, and we're pledging billions in aid to support those citizens and surrounding countries, I'd say we do have a say in it's management...

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            "Another state's mis-management" might be more accurate. Where that state is causing a refugee crisis, and it's citizens are calling for help, and surrounding countries are being overwhelmed, and we're pledging billions in aid to support those citizens and surrounding countries, I'd say we do have a say in it's management...
            Yes it's good to see America finally having to face up to the clusterfudge they've caused in the region.

I think the only say we should have is how to facilitate democratic elections so the Syrian people can decide and not Washington DC - which is exactly what Putin is saying.
            Last edited by Jog On; 29 September 2015, 11:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Yes it's good to see America finally having to face up to the clusterfudge they've caused in the region .
              What else should the Americans be doing?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                What else should the Americans be doing?
                minding their own f*ing business would be a start

I think a better question would be what should America stop doing...
                Last edited by Jog On; 29 September 2015, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  minding their own f*ing business would be a start

I think a better question would be what should America stop doing...
                  So just leave the middle east alone? stop trading with it and just let them train terrorists and hope that they do not get through to attack the US?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    So just leave the middle east alone? stop trading with it and just let them train terrorists and hope that they do not get through to attack the US?
                    Yes DA that's exactly what I said.

They should lave the middle east completely, not even set foot there and build a great big wall between the Middle east and America and shoot anyone who tries to cross it.

Please let me know if you need any more clarification...

Comment

Picture of the day - sums it up nicely

Comment

Working...
                      X