• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    In sum, based on what we currently know, the U.S. strike on Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani is legally tenuous under both domestic and international law. Congress should begin hearings and demand answers about the legal basis and the plan for handling the inevitable fallout. 15/
    Not illegal though, eh?

Thanks.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      According to reports the USA were thinking of taking him out some months ago. It's interesting that Trump only gave the order now when he is facing impeachment and re-election....
      The US likely has a long list of people they want to “take out”, whether legally or not; whether or not they act on that list will depend on their current interests....

(Iran probably has a similar list of US officials and citizens, and it’s now more likely that their list will soon become shorter).

It’s possible that it’s far simpler than the impending impeachment, and just a confluence of timing. Trump was trolled by Iranians the week before. He was at Mar a Lago, surrounded by sycophants. He’s a childish narcissist that hates to look bad, especially in front of his adoring fans.

Comment

The US likely has a long list of people they want to “take out”, whether legally or not; whether or not they act on that list will depend on their current interests....

(Iran probably has a similar list of US officials and citizens, and it’s now more likely that their list will soon become shorter).

It’s possible that it’s far simpler than the impending impeachment, and just a confluence of timing. Trump was trolled by Iranians the week before. He was at Mar a Lago, surrounded by sycophants. He’s a childish narcissist that hates to look bad, especially in front of his adoring fans.
        The Iranians have already been told that if they attack any US bases or people that the consequences will be very unpleasant for them. What do *you* think is going to happen.

Personally I think there'll be a lot of bitching and burning of flags but very little else.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          Not illegal though, eh?

Thanks.
          Not confirmed as legal either, which is what you stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            The Iranians have already been told that if they attack any US bases or people that the consequences will be very unpleasant for them. What do *you* think is going to happen.

Personally I think there'll be a lot of bitching and burning of flags but very little else.
            Funny way to describe the threat of a war crime.

Trump vows to hit 52 sites 'very hard' if Iran retaliates for Suleimani killing | World news | The Guardian

Personally I agree that the chances of direct retaliation are slim; it’s more likely that the proxy war will continue, and one of the US’s allies will get the brunt of it.

Comment

Funny way to describe the threat of a war crime.
              What's the war crime? The targeting of civilian oil-tankers in the Gulf or the rocket attack on the Saudi oil facility? Or propping up the regime in Syria? Or maybe attacking the US embassy in Iraq?

There are no innocent parties in this situation. Just a lot of death and destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                If you are too stupid to see the difference then visit first Saudi Arabia and only after Iran.
                I'd visit Iran before stuck in the past Saudi! I get the Iranians have been up to no good, yet the Saudi's action in Yemen receive a blanket silence. It's sickening.

There's a few Iranians living here in Munich, incredibly friendly and forward thinking. Not what the media would let you believe.

Furthermore Iran is a different cookie from Saudi. If the US escalates the situation, then China and Russia will be up front defending their interests in Iran. I'm sure the US can't be ignorant of that fact.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  What's the war crime?
                  Deliberately targeting sites of significant cultural interest.

For the hard of comprehension, as far as we are aware the US haven’t targeted those sites, but their President has threatened to.

For the further hard of comprehension, this doesn’t mean that the Iranians are innocent either.

There are no innocent parties in this situation. Just a lot of death and destruction.
                  Agreed. Nobody smells of roses here.

Comment

We can't assume they won't fund terrorist attacks on innocent civilians.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      We can't assume they won't fund terrorist attacks on innocent civilians.
                      Can’t tell from your post if you mean Iran or the USA...

Comment

Working...
                      X