• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conflict with permanent staff members

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just report it to HR, make a secret recording with your mobile and send it together with the email. That's basically all you can do.
    Most likely HR will: a.) not respond at all or b.) say he has Tourette so it's ok
    Idiots like this are one of the reasons why I like contracting, after a couple of months you're gone and you will never see them again.
    One contract I experienced bullying from some guys who were there form the start up of the company. Reported it to HR and they said well they are here for such a long time,to which my response was "goodbye" and walked without giving notice

Comment

Originally posted by tinsel84 View Post
      To which he just giggled like a ten year old and said "oooh we can't joke about rape any more".
      Sounds like he was embarrassed. Hopefully he'll think twice next time.

Comment

Originally posted by tinsel84 View Post
        Hello everyone. First I should introduce my self. I am a 27 year old IT engineer,
        As an engineer you could ask your professional body for advice

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
          As an engineer you could ask your professional body for advice
          There's no legal protection for the term engineer and the OED's first entry is simply:

A person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures.
          Which can easily describe many in IT.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Yeh **** it you;re leaving in 3 weeks. Just be glad you're leaving him behind.
            WHS
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Three options:

1. Keep invoicing.
              2. Keep invoicing.
              3. Keep invoicing.

HTH.

If you are really serious report him to HR or even the Police on your last day. Or have a "quiet word" in the shell-like after work.

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I find it best in these situations to sleep with the protagonist. Get some secret pictures of them for future use just in case it all goes Pete Tong but just getting in bed with them should do the trick. Keeps your friends close but enemies closer. Simples.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I find it best in these situations to sleep with the protagonist. Get some secret pictures of them for future use just in case it all goes Pete Tong but just getting in bed with them should do the trick. Keeps your friends close but enemies closer. Simples.
                  Does your old lady know you've been giving out freebies?

Comment

TL;DR
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You work with a bellend. Welcome to life!

Man up.

Comment

Working...
                      X